Welcome to campus! Whether you’re returning for your final year or starting your first year, Tiger Town is glad to have you back! Many people think we have our summers off or it’s a slower time, but that could not be farther from the truth. Orientation lasts throughout the summer, residence halls undergo renovations, staff training and the Dean of Students’ Office is always looking out for our students on campus. We’re quite busy actually!
In case you might have missed some of our recent developments over the summer, I’d like to tell you about a few things we’ve accomplished:
1) Starbucks is now open and located in the Union Underground.
2) The U-nites late-night series begins this Thurs. U-nites is a newly created moonlight programming series for students. From trips to Carowinds to concerts to hypnotists, we’re so excited about this new program! For more information about these events, please visit their website. (cae/u-nites.html)
3) The WeCar program is now the Ride Share Program and ZimRide is now Ride Post.
4) EMpower has been absorbed by Healthy Campus, who now has a great new Be Safe app! Download it here: http://www.clemson.edu/campus-life/campus-services/redfern/healthy-campus/think-ahead/index.html
5) The Center for Career and Professional Development has additional counselors, flexible appointment times and more options for appointments!
6) Schilletter Dining Hall underwent a complete renovation, now offering flat-screen TVs, lounge area with fireplace, Mongolian Grill and new brick oven Italian dishes.
7) TigerOne Card Services is now in 111 Hendrix Student Center.
8) There is a new Living-Learning Community (LLC) called the Clemson University Design Community for a variety of design majors.
9) Lever Hall underwent an innovative Facilities and Programmatic renovation for the RiSE LLC (Residents in Science and Engineering).
As you can see, our summer has been filled with renovations, expansions, changes and new developments. I hope you will take advantage of all of these new programs and services. We’re constantly updating our Facebook page with even more progress; so don’t forget to “like” us at www.facebook.com/clemsonstudentaffairs. I hope your first semester is a happy and successful one, and I look forward to meeting you all.
Gail A. DiSabatino
Vice President for Student Affairs
Open the original version of this page.