Academic Success Center
Supplemental Instruction (SI)
Become an SI Leader
Large group of SI Leaders
Apply to be an SI Leader anytime throughout the semester.
SI Leaders are typically recruited:
- 1-2 semesters prior to becoming an SI leader.
- By Faculty recommendations.
- Based on their superior academic and interpersonal skills.
SI Leaders must have:
- An interest in helping others.
- Good time management skills.
- An “A” in the course they wish to support.
- Attended Clemson for at least one semester.
- A 3.30 Cumulative GPR or better.
- A schedule that allows them to work 10-12 hours per week.
- Passing grade in CU 1110 - Introduction to Supplemental Instruction (1 hr. P/F) - before or during their first semester as an SI Leader.
Complete the SI Leader Application and request a faculty recommendation using this Faculty Recommendation Form. Please have all documents emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in person to Laurel Whisler in ASC 311B.
- You will be contacted via email regarding placement and training information.
- Immediately after notification of placement, bring the following to the ASC:
- your driver’s license
- social security card
- If these documents are not submitted within two weeks of notification of hiring you will lose your position as an SI Leader.
- Students will automatically be registered for, and must successfully complete, CU 1110: Introduction To Supplemental Instruction.
- Submit a copy of your class schedule for the semester you are hired to be an SI Leader immediately after you register for classes.
- Attend pre-semester training workshops (always held the Monday and/or Tuesday prior to the start of classes each semester).
Direct any questions regarding application materials to:
Academic Success Center SI