Step 1: Submit the online 5k Application Form.
Step 2: Consideration will be made after the following dates:
No sooner than April 1 for fall race requests
No sooner than October 1 for spring race requests
No sooner than March 1 for summer race requests
- It is our goal to host 3-4 races per semester: if multiple groups want the same race date and meet all guidelines, then it’s first come first serve or you may work together. *See below for information on race dates.
- Must submit application at least 3 months prior to race date.
- Race host must choose from two authorized routes listed in application packet. *Some routes may not be available on specific dates.
- Race host must use Race Roster for participant registration.
- Race must begin at agreed upon time.
- Aim for a goals of at least 200 participants for race.
- The event sponsor is responsible for all actions of individuals in the event. If university policies or guidelines are not followed, the reservation will be terminated. In addition, this may cause penalties and/or loss for future reservations.
- If race a host is not university affiliated, they must provide a liability insurance policy with at least $1 million dollars of coverage. Proof of insurance must be provided before approval.
Step 3: The organization will be contacted by the Events Coordinator before approval. A mandatory meeting must take place before requests are approved. All events will be approved or denied in writing. Additional operational meetings may be required for certain events. Event will be cancelled upon failure to attend scheduled meetings.