Wellness Living-Learning Community
wellness llc clemson
In a collaboration with the Housing Department, a new living-learning community based on holistic wellness was created in the fall of 2011. The Department of Campus Recreation has become a major partner in developing this wellness community. The community is open to all students, and is housed in the Clemson House.
The Wellness living-learning community strives to:
- Provide a healthy, safe, and attractive living environment.
- Increase undergraduate student retention and engagement.
- Provide innovative opportunities for student learning.
- Develop students as ethical leaders and agents of positive change.
- Provide services and utilize facilities that enrich the student experience.
- Prepare students to interact successfully and meaningfully with people from diverse identities.
Following their residency, wellness LLC residents will be able to:
- Identify resources on campus that can assist in achieving their academic and personal goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of resources on campus through utilization and application of wellness concepts through community programs as well as individually.
- Identify the seven elements of the Wellness Wheel (refer to Campus Resources Reference sheet).
- Maintain or improve their overall wellness throughout their time in the community.
- Maintain a satisfactory GPR each semester (2.0 or higher).
Activities and Events
The Wellness LLC will provide residents with a variety of opportunities which will include some of the following:
- Nutrition/cooking workshops.
- Celebratory event as goals are achieved.
- Stress management workshops.
- Relationship workshops.
- Alcohol and other drug awareness workshops.
- Fitness assessments.
- Campus Recreation sponsored events and programs.
- Various campus resource outings.
- Academic Success Center
- Michelin®Career Center
- Redfern Health Center
- Mentorship through the utilization of professionals and peers.
Hannah Sheffrin, Resident Assistant
Susan Pope, Academic Liaison
Department of Campus Recreation
200 Fike Recreation Center