Fire and EMS

Non-Emergency Requests

To serve you better Fire & Emergency Medical Services has created a tool to access non-emergency services on-line. 

Hot Work Notification

A notification is required for services such as cutting, welding, soldering, or other such work performed at Clemson University. Apply online to submit a"Hot Work" notification to the Fire Marshall's Office. Download printable form and submit in person at Fire Department.

Residential Yard Debris Burning

State law requires that you notify the Forestry Commission prior to burning outdoors. In most cases, the law applies to burning leaves, limbs, and branches that you clean up from your yard.

If you live in the City of Clemson, It shall be unlawful for any person to start, or cause to be started a fire to burn leaves or any other substance. This does not prohibit supervised cooking fires, built-in fireplaces, grills, or barbecue pits that are in compliance with proper construction, distance, environmental, and fire safety requirements (City Code, Section 8-9: Fire Prevention and Protection).

Special Event

To request Special Event management, Medical Standby, and / or obtain approval of the University Fire Marshal for venue arrangement (candles, bon fires at the Clemson Campus Beach, any open flame or fireworks displays). Permits must be issued by CUFD for all special events held on the Clemson University campus. Please Download the request form and submit it to the University Fire Department.

Utility Links


Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.