Redfern Health Center
Patient/Client Rights and Responsibilities
These are the expectations that you, as a health care consumer, have a right to expect in any health care visit.
- Treatment without discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
- Care that is considerate and respectful.
- Participation in decisions regarding treatment.
- The name and function of Student Health Services personnel providing services and the identity of other personnel and institutions assisting in treatment.
- Appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- Complete and current information concerning your diagnosis, treatment and expected outcome in terms you can be reasonably expected to understand.
- Receive information regarding condition/treatment options.
- Refuse treatment and to be informed of any potential consequences.
- Confidentiality to the extent consistent with care.
- Privacy of all records pertaining to your treatment, except as required by law or when life is in danger.
- Access the information contained in your records within the limits of the law.
- Continuity of care and to be informed of the possibility of continuing requirements following the end of treatment.
- Refuse to participate in research.
- Receive an itemized statement of all charges.
- A smoke-free environment.
- A safe environment free from mental, physical, sexual and verbal abuse as well as neglect and exploitation by staff, students and visitors.
- Report concerns about patient care and safety. If concerns are not resolved by Redfern’s nursing director, administrative services director or executive director, client can contact the Joint Commission at 800-944-6610 or email@example.com.
These are the responsibilities of a health care consumer to the provider of services.
- Provide accurate information on complaints, including pain, past illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and psychological treatment.
- Help us assess your pain and inform us if your pain is not relieved.
- Tell us if you don't understand instructions and/or information.
- Keep appointments.
- Follow treatment plan.
- Clearly state refusal of treatment.
- Follow Student Health Services rules and regulations.
- Consider the rights of other patient/clients and staff.
- Respect other's property.
- Refrain from smoking while in facility.
- Become informed of the scope of basic services offered, the costs, and necessity for medical insurance, and to actively seek clarification of any aspect of participation in Redfern programs and services, including cost, that is not understood.
- Meet any financial obligation for care, treatment or services rendered at Redfern.