School of Computing
Programs of Study
The B.S. in Computer Science degree is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, 111 Market Place, Suite 1050, Baltimore, MD 21202-4012 - telephone: (410) 347-7700, http://www.abet.org.
The B.S. in Computer Science Program Educational Objectives:
- Graduates will be employed in the computing profession and will be engaged in learning, understanding, and applying new ideas and technologies as the computing field evolves.
- Graduates with an interest in, and aptitude for, advanced studies will have completed or be actively pursuing graduate studies.
The B.S. in Computer Science Student Outcomes:
- Graduates will be able to apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and computer science theory in the modeling and design of computer-based systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
- Graduates will be able to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Graduates will be able to apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems that function in accordance with specifications.
- Graduates will be able to express ideas effectively in oral and written communications.
- Graduates will be able to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- Graduates will be able to understand professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
The B.S. in Computer Science Enrollment and Graduation Data can be found here: http://www.clemson.edu/ces/students/accreditation.html.