The Holcombe Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Requirements for Mentors
Requirements for ECE Plugged In Mentors:
- Graduated from Clemson University College of Engineering and Science (preferably with a degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering), or be a strong advocate for the ECE Department.
- Willing to initiate communication with the student(s) at least three times during the sophomore year
- Willing to promote the benefits of an Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering degree
- Willing to communicate with students about your past academic experiences. Our purpose is to encourage and motivate the students to work hard and successfully complete the degree program.
- Represent the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department in a professional manner while respecting the privacy of the students.
- Participation by the student is voluntary and can be revoked at any time. Please notify the Electrical and Computer Engineering Undergraduate Advising Office immediately if a student indicates they no longer want to participate in the program.
- All mentors will be asked to provide feedback at the end of each spring semester to help us assess the benefits of the program.
For more information, please see the Plugged In Mentor Orientation Manual.