Honors Academic Activities Center
The Calhoun Honors College opened in the fall of 2010 the Honors Academic Activites Center (HAAC) in the lowest level of Holmes Hall, the honors student living-learning community. The HAAC is accessible by ALL honors students, regardless of whether they live in Holmes Hall, in another campus location, or even off campus. HAAC logo
The HAAC features:
- A lounge with comfortable furniture and a television for casual student gatherings
- A full, accessible kitchen
- An office in which Honors College staff will hold drop-in hours and Holmes Hall resident assistants will hold drop-in peer advising hours
- A multi-purpose room that can be reserved for approved Honors College-related meetings and events
- A conference room that can be reserved for approved Honors College-related meetings and events
- A printer available to all Honors students
Students studying in the HAAC Guidelines For Use
Holmes Hall Conference Room
- All general Clemson rules and University Housing guidelines apply.
- For further information, please check out the student handbook.
- Violators will be referred to the Clemson University Office of Community and Ethical Standards (OCES).
- Please help keep the area clean and safe so we can continue to grant honors students full use of this area.
- Please be aware this area is under camera surveillance.
- The furniture in the HAAC may not leave the HAAC area . This area is considered a communal area and all Honors students are expected to take precaution that University property is not damaged, abused or stolen.
- Violators will be referred to the OCES and held accountable to Clemson policy and more specifically, the Student Housing Contract.
- Please pick up after yourself. If you use something, clean it. If you bring something, make sure you take it with you/throw it out.
- You are responsible for the behavior of your friends while in the Holmes Hall Honors Academic Activity Center.
- Failure to comply with the general rules of the Honors Academic Activities Center may result in loss of use of the area.
Holmes Hall Multi-Purpose Room
- Coasters must be used at all times.
Holmes Hall Kitchen
- The Multi-Purpose Room is intended for educational group & study use. Please be respectful of others in the room.
- If you use something in the kitchen, please clean up after yourself.
- If you using the microwave: Please cover the item you are heating. Use a napkin or towel from the bathroom. Wipe out the microwave after hearing your item.
- Please be mindful of your items in the fridge- make sure you toss them before they go bad or smell.
HAAC Room Reservation Policy
To reserve any rooms in the Holmes Hall Academic Activities Center, email HolmesBasement@clemson.edu. Reservations may be made in advance for only the current semester. Please provide advanced notice of any cancellation, so that others may reserve the space as needed.
Holmes Hall Conference Room (Room 028)
This room will remain locked when not in use.
The Holmes Hall conference room can be reserved for events and programs associated with the Calhoun Honors College. Calhoun Honors College staff and faculty will have priority in reserving the conference room with preference given to Honors courses and seminars. Honors student organizations and Holmes Hall housing organizations may reserve this room in advance (example: Mentors, Ambassadors, various honors committees, Resident Advisors). The weekly schedule of reservations will be posted outside of this room every Monday morning.
Holmes Hall Multipurpose Room (Room 026)
Similar to the Holmes Hall Conference Room, the Multipurpose Room can be reserved for events and programs associated with the Calhoun Honors College. Calhoun Honors College staff and faculty will have priority in reserving the multipurpose room, with preference given to Honors courses and seminars. Honors student organizations and Holmes Hall housing organizations may reserve this room in advance (example: mentors, ambassadors, various honors committees, Resident Advisors). The weekly schedule of reservations will be posted outside of this room every Monday morning. When the Multipurpose Room is not scheduled for use, it will remain open on a first-come, first-serve basis for student use. The room is intended for educational/studying/group meeting purposes.
Holmes Hall Student Lounge (Room 025)
The Holmes Hall Student Lounge is open to all Honors students a first-come, first-served basis. Rarely the HAAC Student Lounge may be reserved for an Honors event, but this will be posted in advance.