Emergency Evacuation Procedures
Evacuation of the University will generally fall into two categories:
- Limited evacuation of a building or designated area.
- General evacuation of the entire campus. (See the campus evacuation plan.)
In general, you should plan ahead for possible evacuations. Know evacuation routes from your office or classroom and the campus.
- If the fire alarm is activated, leave the building immediately. Do not assume it is a false alarm.
- Do not return for personal items.
- Do not go into the restrooms.
- Do not use the elevators.
- Direct visitors or anyone needing assistance to stairwells and exits.
- When you are outside, check in with your supervisor, department personnel or instructor so everyone can be accounted for.
- Make sure you have your Clemson University and personal identification with you.
If the entire campus is evacuated:
Faculty and staff should return to their homes or other safe destinations unless told otherwise.
Students who can provide their own transportation should leave the campus and return home or to another safe destination unless told to do otherwise.
Students who cannot provide their own transportation should report to Littlejohn Coliseum where buses will be provided to shuttle students to the T. Ed Garrison Livestock Arena or other staging area until other transportation can be arranged.