Human Resources

W-2 Information

2013 W-2’s issued

The 2013 W-2’s are available online for active employees. W-2’s for inactive employees and those who did not consent to an on-line form will be mailed by 1/31/14 to the address on file in the HR database (which may not match the iROAR address for students). Once received, please safeguard your hard-copy, as there is a $10 charge for reprints.

Active employees can now access the online form.  Click here to log-in to HR Self Service, inputting your primary username and password on the ORACLE screen, if you need assistance with your username and password, please contact ithelp@clemson.edu. Click on “Year End Form” to view your W-2 and “Filing Instructions” to view/print IRS Notice to Employee and Instructions for Employee.  Please ensure pop-up blockers are turned off. 

Request a Reprint

We will begin reprinting W-2’s on Monday 2/10/14 for any requests received through Sunday 2/9/14.  Reprints will be processed weekly on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons up to 4/10/14 and daily after that through 4/15/14, which is the 2014 deadline for submitting 2013 tax returns without an extension.   To request a reprint, click here.


Q. When trying to access my W-2 I receive the "File not found or file received has length zero" error.  Why can't I view my W-2?
A. This error is due to a security setting in Internet Explorer.  Please follow these instructions for correcting this error.

Q. None of the earnings on my W-2 match my annual rate.  Why is that?
A. The W-2 form reports “taxable gross”, not actual earnings.  Taxable Gross is Actual Gross less pre-tax deductions.  For a detailed explanation of how to tie your last paystub in 2013 to your 2013 W-2, please see TIPS for Understanding Your W-2. 

Q. I waived the right to participate in Retirement.  Why is the Retirement Plan box marked on my W-2?
A. Participation is determined based on eligibility, whether one elected or waived the right to participate.  For more information see Employees Covered by A Retirement Plan.  If you feel this box was marked in error, please e-mail payroll@clemson.edu.    

Q. Where can I get my statement about tuition?
A. Students who pay tuition receive a 1098-T.  This can be accessed on-line via the iROAR system.  For assistance with 1098-T issues, contact Student Accounts at 656-5592.

Q. I was paid as a vendor.  Where is my 1099?
A. Please contact Elizabeth Brewer at 656-5594 or email at cowarde@clemson.edu.

Q. As a student employee with more than one job, will I get separate W-2’s?
A. No, W-2’s are issued as one document from one employer, so all jobs for that employer are on one form.

Q. I had an international tax treaty, where is my tax statement?
A. If you did not meet your treaty limit, you will receive only a 1042S.  If you exceeded your treaty limit, you will receive both at 1042S and a W-2.  For 1042S questions, please contact Mack Howard at mackh@clemson.edu.

Q. Why do I have an amount in box 12 code DD on my W-2?
A. The Affordable Care Act Tax Provision requires employers to report the cost of employer-sponsored health coverage in box 12 as code DD.  The amount reported with code DD is not taxable.  For more information from the IRS, go to Reporting of Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage.

Utility Links


Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.