Human Resources

International Employment

United States federal law regulates the employment of foreign national individuals in the USA.  The United States and several foreign countries have entered into tax treaties which have provisions relating to professors, teachers, and students.  These treaties are revised from time to time; therefore, all appointments offered to internationals should be routed through the Program Director for International Employment & Taxation in the Office of Human Resources, International Employment, prior to the employee starting work.

International Employment in the Office of Human Resources is available to assist international employees:

  • Meet state and federal employment eligibility verification regulations and tax requirements.
  • Renew or extend employment eligibility verification.

For assistance in obtaining required visa and immigration services, contact the Office of Global Engagement.

Related Links:

Employment and Tax
Internal Revenue Service, International Services
International Employment Forms Packet  
International Student Work Calendar
Social Security Number Application Reminders
Applying for a Social Security Number
Application for a Social Security Card
Locations and Directions to Anderson, SC Social Security Administration Office
Frequently Asked Questions
US Source Scholarships
Non-Resident Alien Payments
Office of Global Engagement
H1B application contact: is@clemson.edu or 864-656-0490 in the Office of Global Engagement, room E307 Martin Hall.

Utility Links


Text Only Options

Top of page

Text Only Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a UsableNet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.