Recycling in itself is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Collect items such as cardboard, paper, plastic bottles, aluminum cans and glass.
- Separate your recyclable materials. Crush Aluminum, Bag batteries, Flatten cardboard. Follow specific instructions from section "What Can Be Recycled" below.
- Locate large recycling containers in your office, building, or residence hall. Kite Hill may also be a convenient location for you to drop off your recyclables. Don't forget you can recycle those odd things like batteries, steel cans, packing peanuts at Kite Hill.
Recycling Codes--What Do They Mean?
All is revealed in our plastic use guide.
Secure Document Shredding Procedures
If you or your departments have a need to shred secure documents, Recycling Services provide these services for all Clemson University Departments and Services. The items are retained in a locked bin until they are shredded. The actual shredding takes place on an ongoing basis. If you need to make special arrangements to observe items being shred while you wait please email or call Recycling Manager, Dave VanDeventer at 656-4219 to make arrangements.
For us to be able to best help you please follow these procedures:
- Identify the size of bin (50 or 95 gallon) and the number of bins you will need. If no bin is needed be sure items to be shred are boxed, taped shut and labeled “For Shred Only”
Place a work order and provide the following information:
- Let us know if this is a one-time routine request or ongoing service needed. If ongoing please state approximate timeframe of the job.
- We complete most work order request on Monday and/or Friday or within 48 hours when possible. Let us know if this is a higher priority than normal.
- If the bin needs to be left unlocked (to be locked by requestor) in order to place bulk items vs. a few items at a time please note that in the request.