Frat Quad Project Highlights:
- Alternative Transportation: Located 80 yards from 4 bus lines; bicycle racks and showers; an electric vehicle charging stations.
- Open Space: Clemson has committed to conserving the open space in the quad area for the life of the buildings. All outdoor lighting is directed downward to prevent light pollution.
- Innovative Wastewater Technologies: All toilets and faucets are either low-flow or dual flush, saving up to 87% of the potable water typically used.
Energy and Atmosphere
- Optimize Energy Performance: Exceeds ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1-1999 by 23.7%
- Additional Commissioning: Verified that the building is designed, constructed and calibrated to operate as intended.
Materials and Resources
- Construction Waste Management: 82% of construction waste was recycled, or 4,615 Tons (9 million lbs).
Indoor Environmental Quality
- CO2 Monitoring: CO2 monitoring system; low VOC's, post construction flush-out.
LEED® v2.1 Silver 2007 - Building Statistics frat score card scorecard
Location: Klugh Avenue, Clemson University, South Carolina
Completion Date: August 2005
Cost: $25 million
Size: 140,000 gross square feet
Footprint: 60,600 square feet
Construction Type: Institutional
Use Group: Residential
Lot Size: 5 acres
Occupancy: 444 beds