Faculty Senate Home
Welcome to the website of the Faculty Senate of Clemson University. The Faculty Senate serves as the official representative body of the faculty and the link between faculty and administration. The senate reviews and recommends academic policies and procedures, which are compiled in the Faculty Manual.
Recent Blog Posts
Got Expenditure Data?
Clemson University’s New President, James P. Clements
November 12 Special Orders Presentations
November 12 Committee Reports
What has the Faculty Senate been doing for 57 years?
Read More › | Subscribe
For over fifty years, the Faculty Senate has participated in a variety of initiatives to improve the status of the faculty of Clemson University, including:
- Instituting a faculty-driven grievance process;
- Creating various means of recognizing faculty excellence, such as the Class of ’39 Award for Excellence, the Centennial Professorship, and the Alan Schaffer Faculty Senate Service Award;
- Ensuring significant faculty representation to the Board of Trustees and on University
- Committees responsible for recommending policies related to all facets of campus life;
- Providing a direct line of communication to the President and Provost;
- Establishing faculty-determined promotion, tenure, and reappointment procedures and a fair post-tenure review process.
A history of the Faculty Senate may be found in “ Clemson University Faculty Senate: Over Fifty Years of Service.
Clemson University on Facebook, Clemson South Carolina Clemson University Twitter Clemson Faculty Senate blogs Clemson Faculty Senate on Linked In