Finance Division

Expense Account Codes Defined

For Additional Chart of Accounts information, click here.

7001    Attorney's Fees - fees for legal representation of theUniversity - 1099 generated   
7002    Contractual Services - services where written contracts are involved, such as entertainment groups   
7004    Professional Fees: US - payment for professional services and fees to persons or companies providing services to the University - 1099 generated   
7005    Professional Fees: Foreign Nationals - payments to foreign nationals for consulting and other services to the University   
7006    Freight, Express and Deliveries - expenditures paid direct to freight, express and delivery companies for the transporting of objects and commodities purchased by the University   
7007    Employee Moving Expenses -Non taxable- expenses associated with the moving of personal belongings of University employees that are not taxable to the employee   
7008    Employee Moving Expenses -Taxable- expenses associated with the moving of personal belongings of University employees that are taxable to the employee   
7009    Telephone - expenses associated with the use of telephones used by departments and personnel of the University.   
7010    Cellular Phones - expenses associated with the use of cellular phones that are used for University related business only   
7011    Pagers - expenses related to the buying or leasing of pagers for use by University employees   
7012    Repairs: External - expenses associated with repairs to building and Equipment provided by vendors external to the University   
7013    Repairs: University Facilities - expenses associated with repairs to building and equipment provided by FM&O employees   
7014    Printing and Binding: External - expenses for printing reports, bulletins, advertising and other publications by external vendors.   
7015    Printing and Binding: Internal - expenses for printing reports, bulletins and other publications by University Printing Services   
7016    Photographic Services - expenses associated with the taking or printing of photos by the University Photographic Services   
7017    Advertising - expenses for advertising in newspapers or journals   
7018    Heat, Light and Power - expenses for heat, light and power furnished by public utilities   
7019    Computer Services - expenses for services provided by the University Computer Center   
7020    Water, Wastewater and Garbage - expenses for water consumed by the University and disposal of wastewater and garbage services   
7022    Official Functions and Events - Expenses incurred for official functions or events such as Honors & Awards Day, lecture series, graduation luncheon   
7023    Athletic Officials - Athletic Department Only - 1099 generated   
7024    Athletic Field Attendants - Athletic Department Only - 1099 generated   
7025    Royalty Payments - payments made to inventors or patent holders from companies from the sales of their product - 1099 generated   
7026    Membership Dues - payments made for membership of University employees or groups into professional organizations and clubs   
7027    Business Club Dues - can only be paid from Foundation Funds   
7028    Maintenance Contracts - payments made for contracts that pertain to the maintenance of equipment owned or leased by the university, including software maintenance   
7029    Bank Fees - payment for fees charged to Clemson by banks used by the university   
7030    Investment Expenses - payment for expenses associated with university investments   
7031    Medical Services - payments for services provided by doctors or medical offices - 1099 generated   
7032    Other Services - payments for contractual services not classified elsewhere   
7035    Athletic Guarantees - Athletic Department Only   
7036    Participant Support Costs - 1099 generated   
7037    Participant Support Costs - 1042 generated   
7039    Travel Reimbursement for non-employee or non-student, such as speakers or consultants. Use 6xxx for employees. Use 6030 for students.   
7201    Supplies: Office - payments for expendable, inexpensive items used to support office functions such as pencils, pens and pads   
7202    Supplies: Scientific/Technical - payments for supplies used in scientific and technical projects   
7203    Supplies: Agricultural - payments for supplies used in agricultural research areas such as fertilizers and seeds   
7204    Supplies: Automotive - payments for commodities such as gas and oil and other inexpensive accessories purchased for use in state owned vehicles or aircraft owned by the state   
7205    Supplies: Janitorial - payments for commodities used in cleaning and up keep of the buildings of the University   
7206    Supplies: Maintenance - payments for supplies purchased for the purpose of repairing and maintaining of structures, grounds and equipment   
7207    Supplies: Postage - payments for expenses dealing with stamps, post cards, bulk mail permits and central mailroom bills   
7208    Supplies: Uniform - payments for expenses dealing with the purchase of uniforms needed by employees for their jobs   
7209    Supplies: Athletic Equipment - used by Athletics when purchasing equipment for the intercollegiate athletic teams of the University   
7210    Supplies: Promotional Materials - payments for materials used in promoting events at the university   
7211    Departmental Procurement Card Charges   
7212    Software: Scientific/Technical - payments for software used in the scientific and technical aspects of the University   
7213    Software: Other - Payments for software used on computers owned by the University   
7214    Non Capital Equipment: Information Technology - payments for minor equipment items such as computers, printers, calculators, etc   
7215    Non Capital Equipment: Scientific/Technical - payments for minor equipment items of a scientific and technical nature   
7216    Non Capital Equipment: Other - payments for minor equipment that is not classified elsewhere   
7217    Supplies: Classroom - payments for supplies to be used exclusively in the classrooms used for teaching   
7218    Supplies: Miscellaneous   
7312    Incentive Cards - A card purchased from National Gift Card via CU buyWays to present to individuals for participation in a University-approved activity.   
7316    Stipends - A thank you/incentive for participation in a project in lieu of hourly compensation at a rate applicable to an employment situation. (Should not be utilized for reimbursement of expenses to “regular” employees).   
7332    Refreshments - Food or drink that is incidental to the function. For example, seminar snack or meeting breaks.   
7341    Business Meals - Meals with outside guest(s) with business discussions, such as recruiting or job interviews. Refer to Disbursement Guidelines for more information.   
7550    Participant Support Incentive Card - A card purchased from National Gift Card via CU buyWays to present to individuals for participation in an externally funded sponsored project (fund 20) which is budgeted in the Participant Support category.   
7557    Sub-Contracts <$25,000.00   
7558    Sub-Contracts >$25,000.00   
7559    Sub-Contracts Exempt   

Utility Links


Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.