Important Notice: Acceptance of an order from Clemson University constitutes acceptance of all the terms and conditions associated with the type of order. Terms and conditions are subject to change. Current Clemson University Purchasing Terms and Conditions can always be found on this website
Click Here to register as a vendor.
In order for Clemson University to accurately and efficiently conduct business with our vendor community, it is imperative that all vendors doing business with Clemson University register their company via our Vendor Registration Portal. By registering, vendors are ensuring that Clemson University has the correct order, remit, contact and payment method information. Note, Clemson currently maintains two systems: a PO/Payment system and a separate online bidding system. As such, vendors are asked to ensure the accuracy of their information in each system – the bidding system to ensure bid notices are sent to the correct email and the PO/Payment system to ensure orders and payments are delivered to the correct address and in a timely manner.
- 2011 Registration Initiative - as of April 18, 2011, Clemson launched a new Registration Site to better receive information from our vendors and to make it easier for vendors to do business with Clemson.
- If you have never registered as a vendor with Clemson (i.e. in our buyWays online bidding system), go here and select the appropriate vendor type. You will be asked to provide information for our PO/payment system. You will also be given a link to register in our online bidding system. Please register there as well if you wish to receive bid notices and/or bid on any future business with Clemson University.
- If you have previously registered as a vendor/bidder with Clemson (i.e. in our buyWays online bidding system), login to buyWays to update your information (i.e. email addresses, commodity information, etc…) in the online bidding system. Note, changes to your order/remit to address in the bidding system will NOT be made in our PO/payment system. Use the update information option above to do that.
- Online Bidding System – buyWays, Clemson’s online bidding system, is the way Clemson processes all publicly competed solicitations as required by the South Carolina Procurement Code. You must register in buyWays to submit bids and/or to receive bid notifications (based on the profile you establish).
- Vendors may register with buyWays by clicking here.
- Already registered in buyWays and want to simply update your contact info or commodity information? Use this link to login to buyWays to update your bidding information.
- Did you forget your password? Click here to request a new password.
- Did you forget your Username? Please send email to email@example.com. A Clemson representative will respond to your email within 1 business day to provide you this information.
Vendor Bidding Instructions
Is your company interested in bidding on goods or services that Clemson needs? Register with our buyWays bidding system to receive all of the notifications for Clemson's current bid opportunities. Understand that this bidding portal is only one portion of the vendor registration process. It is necessary for your company to complete the 2011 Registration Initiative in addition to the bidding registration.
Clemson University is a State Agency of South Carolina and is subject to make purchases in accordance with the South Carolina Procurement Code. Review the information below to address any specific questions you might have about the procurement process at Clemson.
Payment Policy / Options
Under South Carolina law, Clemson University has 30 days to issue a payment to a vendor. As such, Clemson operates under standard Net 30 payment terms. Vendors that utilize our electronic payment method maintain a preferred vendor status with Clemson University. Electronic payments enable our vendors to receive their payments faster than checks and at a reduced cost to the University.
- Vendors may choose their payment options, including offering discount terms in exchange for quicker payments, when they register with Clemson or after registering by updating their information.
- Note, our electronic payment methods, include multiple layers of security which translates to less risk for both Clemson University and the vendor
Vendor Payment Methods Brochure
- Certain types of vendors/payments are considered exceptions to our standard Net 30 terms and electronic payment processing requirements. View exceptions to these policies.
- Review your payments or pending payments by clicking here
2012 Vendor Payment Calendar
- Sign up for Electonic Payment with Paymode-X Paymode X
All visitors/vendors must comply with university parking regulations. Click here for more information on Clemson Parking Services.