Tillman Hall, Robert Horton with STEM participant, Clemson Makes an Impact on STEM Education, Eugene T. Moore School of Education, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina
Inquiry in Motion partners with more than 25 elementary, middle, and high schools in five school districts involving over 125 teachers.
• Increased student achievement in science classrooms of pre- and in-service teacher participants
• Master’s and doctoral degree student collaboration to develop the EQUIP, a free app that provides a measure of teacher effectiveness in science and math classrooms and is now used nationwide
• An inquiry-based lesson-planning tool for math and science linked to Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Science standards used in all 50 states and 70 countries
Casio America Center of Academic Training seeks to improve the use of technology in middle and secondary school math classrooms.
• Doctoral students, faculty, and Casio providing ongoing professional development and research with a local middle school, the only such program in the country
• Research leading to transformations in teacher practice that incorporate technology in an inquiryrich, standards-driven environment
• The Fostering Series, authored at Clemson and promoted by Casio in their nationwide efforts, supporting inquiry-based teaching
Emerging Scholars, a School of Education and University faculty-led program, engages M.A.T. TigersTeach Noyce Scholars with high school students from socially disadvantaged rural areas in South Carolina. Students attend for one- to three-week summer sessions and participate in academic-year activities. Casio donates graphing calculators that are provided to participants.
• Over a 10-year period, all participants have graduated from high school, and most have attended college.
For more information, contact Dr. Jeff Marshall, email@example.com, 864-656-2059
Undergraduate Programs: clemson.edu/hehd/education/academics/undergraduate
Graduate Programs: clemson.edu/hehd/education/academics/graduate
TigersTeach Noyce Scholars: clemson.edu/tigersteach
Open the original version of this page.