How to Apply
All incoming freshmen accepted into a major within the School of Education may apply for conditional acceptance* into the Moore Scholars program. Complete applications are due by April 5, 2014. Interviews will begin in April and a final decision will be made by May.
*Because this is an intensive program, we consider the first year conditional. Upon successful completion of this provisional year, students will be formally inducted into the Moore Scholars program and receive remuneration.
Procedures for admission to the Moore Scholars program must be completed in the following order:
- Complete the Moore Scholars online application.
- Respond to the following set of questions located on the Moore Scholars application in no more than one page per question:
- What do you believe to be the most critical issue facing education today?
- How might this issue affect your role in, or in collaboration with, schools?
- What are some ways you might address this issue to improve the educational experiences of children and communities in South Carolina?
Please print the completed application for submission because it is will not save in the online format.
- Submit the following items along with your completed application:
- Official transcript. (If an incoming freshman, submit your high school transcript. If a graduate student, submit most recent college transcript.)
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One (1) from an educator with whom you have worked closely.
- One (1) from a person (other than a family member) who can describe your involvement in the community and potential for entering the education/counseling profession.
Mail all completed forms to: Moore Scholars, 102 Tillman Hall, Clemson, SC 29634
Clemson University student workong on laptop computer.