Procedures for admission to the "Call Me MISTER" program must be completed in the following order:
- High School diploma and final transcript or General Education Development (GED) certificate.
- Two letters of recommendation:
- One (1) from a teacher, guidance counselor, or principal at the high school form which the diploma is earned.
- One (1) from a person of the student's choice who can express the student's involvement in the community and/or potential for entering the teaching profession.
- An essay entitled, "Why I Want to Teach," which will address the student's motivation for entering the teaching profession and the contributions he hopes to make to the profession and to the community as a teacher.
- An essay entitled "How do you believe the Call Me MISTER program will benefit you as a student?"
- A signed statement certifying that student is from an underserved, underprivileged or economically disadvantaged background or area.
Following the submission of the items above, an interview will be scheduled with the prospective program participants to ascertain their potential for teaching and their motivations for participation in the program, as well as to provide an opportunity for clarification of any information submitted through the application process.
Open the original version of this page.