Department of Public Health Sciences
Lu Shi, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor in Public Health Sciences
Lu Shi bio pic
OFFICE: (864) 656-0495
525 Edwards Hall
Download Dr. Lu Shi's CV Adobe pdf file
Ph.D. - F.S. Pardee RAND Graduate School
M.A. - Syracuse University
B.A. - Peking University
Simulation and modeling; Empirical methods; Behavioral and cognitive economics; Health economics; Population Health; Health Disparities.
- Shi, L., Meijgaard, J.V., and Fielding JE. Long-term effects of health factor modification in Milwaukee County (accepted by Journal of Public Health Management and Practice)
- Meijgaard Jeroen, Shi Lu, Simon Paul. Trends in Recreational Computer Use among Latino Children in California Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. 2012:1-5.
- Zhou, H., Shi, L., Mao, Y. and Zeng, Y. Diffusion of new technology,†health services and information after crisis: A focus group study of the Sichuan "5.12" Earthquake. (accepted by International Journal of Health Planning and Management)
- Shi, L., An, R., and Meijgaard, J.V. Cigarette smoking and abdominal obesity: A meta-analysis. (accepted by Journal of Substance Use)
- Shi L, Kanouse D, Baldwin S, Kim J. Perceptions of HIV/AIDS in One's Community Predict HIV Testing AIDS and Behavior. 2012:1-8.
- Wang R, Shi L. Access to food outlets and children's nutritional intake in urban China: a difference-in-difference analysis. Italian Journal of Pediatrics. 2012;38:30.
- Shi L., Meijgaard J., Simon P. The association between acculturation and recreational computer use among Latino adolescents in California Pediatric Obesity. 2012;7:E33-E36.
- Shi L, Tian H, McCarthy W, Berman B, Wu S, Boer R. Exploring the uncertainties of early detection results: model-based interpretation of mayo lung project BMC Cancer. 2011;11:92+.
- Shi L, van Meijgaard J, Fielding J. Forecasting diabetes prevalence in California: a microsimulation. Preventing Chronic Diseases 2011;8(4):A80. http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2011/jul/10_0177.htm.
- Shi L. The Association between the Availability of Sugar-Sweetened Beverage in School Vending Machines and Its Consumption among Adolescents in California: A Propensity Score Matching Approach. Journal of Environmental and Public Health. 2010
- Research and Evaluation Methods
- Healthcare Operations Management Researchnt
- Member of China Health Policy and Management Society
- Section editor of China Health Review