Lu Shi, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor in Public Health Sciences
Lu Shi bio pic
Dept of Public Health Sciences
Tel. (864) 656-0405
Download Dr. Lu Shi's CV
Ph.D. - F.S. Pardee RAND Graduate School
M.A. - Syracuse University
B.A. - Peking University
Simulation and modeling; Empirical methods; Behavioral and cognitive economics; Health economics; Population Health; Health Disparities.
- Shi L, Mao Y. Excessive recreational computer use and food consumption behaviour among adolescents Italian Journal of Pediatrics. 2010;36:52+.
- Shi L, van Meijgaard J, Fielding J. Forecasting diabetes prevalence in California: a microsimulation. Preventing Chronic Diseases 2011;8(4):A80. http://www.cdc.gov/pcd/issues/2011/jul/10_0177.htm.
- Shi L, Iguchi MY. "Risk homeostasis" or "teachable moment"? the interaction between smoking behavior and lung cancer screening in the Mayo Lung Project. Tobacco Induced Diseases. 2011;9(1):2.
- Shi L, Tian H, McCarthy W, Berman B, Wu S, Boer R. Exploring the uncertainties of early detection results: model-based interpretation of mayo lung project BMC Cancer. 2011;11:92+.
- Shi L., Meijgaard J., Simon P. The association between acculturation and recreational computer use among Latino adolescents in California Pediatric Obesity. 2012;7:E33-E36.
- Shi L, Kanouse D, Baldwin S, Kim J. Perceptions of HIV/AIDS in One's Community Predict HIV Testing AIDS and Behavior. 2012:1-8.
- Shi L., Zhang D. China's New Rural Cooperative Medical Scheme and Underutilization of Medical Care Among Adults Over 45: Evidence From CHARLS Pilot Data The Journal of Rural Health. 2013.
- Shi L., Meijgaard J., Fielding J. E.. Long-Term Effects of Health Factor Modification in Milwaukee County. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 2013;19:133-138.
- Zhang D, van Meijgaard J, Shi L, Cole B, Fielding J. Does neighbourhood composition modify the association between acculturation and unhealthy dietary behaviours? J Epidemiol Community Health. 2015.
- Research and Evaluation Methods
- Healthcare Operations Management Researchnt
- Member of China Health Policy and Management Society
- Section editor of China Health Review