App Submission Process
- Project owner submits agreement and basic app information to the Mobile Innovation Team using the Developer Registration Form. Our app development process is intended for publishing as Clemson University. Students and faculty, please talk to your professor or faculty advisor, and have them initiate the app development. Personal projects will require you to purchase your own developer account.
- Development team members with Clemson User IDs
- Devices UDIDs (for iOS developers)
- Name of App
- Support contact email & website for each app
- CCIT Mobile Innovation Team contacts project owner. Within 2-3 business days of a fully completed request, CCIT performs tasks listed in Responsibilities.
Before you submit your app, please remember that all apps published through our office must always reflect the high standards of Clemson University. In compliance with that goal, all apps must abide by Apple's review guidelines and Google's publishing guidelines as outlined in their developer resources. In addition to the guidelines required by Apple and Google, Clemson also requires the following:
- High resolution images for use on retina and high density displays. More information can be found in Apple's iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Google's Supporting Multiple Screens document. As of May 1st, 2013 Apple also requires high resolution graphics for all new apps and updates ( announcement).
- Compliance with Clemson University's brand guidelines.
- Submission of your source code to CCIT for both standard and enterprise apps.
Once you're confident that your app has met all of the above requirements, you're ready to submit a development build of your app to our team using the New App Submission form found at the bottom of your Mobile Apps Developer Admin Portal. From there, the process is as follows:
- CCIT will confirm with Creative Services that CU Branding and trademarks are correct.
- CCIT will perform basic testing – simple functionality according to test plan supplied by the developer.
- CCIT will submit with key and certificate to Apple and/or upload the release-ready APK to Google Play
Note: the Apple review process can take 10-14 business days.
- CCIT will setup email reports and login to download reports for each new app with AppFigures.com
- CCIT will setup email reports and login for financial reports for paid apps in iTunesconnect
Note: The mobile app testing and QA process typically takes 2-3 business days, but could take longer due to complexity or emergencies.