Family Weekend Registration & Schedule
Below is information and the schedule of events for 2013 Family Weekend at Clemson. If you have any specific questions or need more information, please call New Student and Family Programs at 864-656-4402 or email us at email@example.com.
You will receive a complete schedule at check-in, which includes more events and activities, both on and off campus. If you are unable to check-in on Friday, you can check in before the Tailgate on Saturday or at the Brunch on Sunday.
Parking info for Friday and Sunday: All registered families will receive a parking pass by email on September 3. Parking on Friday is in Lot C-9 (near Littlejohn Coliseum on Centennial Blvd.) with shuttle service to Hendrix Student Center. Parking on Sunday is in Lot E-1, in front of Hendrix Student Center.
THERE IS NO PARKING PROVIDED FOR GAME DAY; the University policies for game day parking can be viewed at Football Parking Information. In particular, view the links under Parking Maps on that page. Also, for helpful and fun info, take a look at the Clemson Tigers website and visit the tab "Fan Zone".
UPDATE: Online reservations for Family Weekend is closed to allow us to prepare for our visiting families.
Expand All | Collapse All
First - Register your family for Family Weekend
- Registration is required for each family. Each family should only register once.
- The fee for Family Weekend general registration is $30. Registration gives you access to many free, fun events as well as the option to purchase tickets for other scheduled events for students and their families.
- Once registered - remember your order number! You will need it to access and register for the specific Family Weekend events we have planned.
- Take a look below at the events and activities for each day and decide which you will attend! Family Weekend events may have an additional fee ($5-20). If you purchase any event that has a "per person" fee, you will need to purchase a ticket for each member in your party, including your student.
- Remember - football tickets must be purchased through Athletics. Call 1-800-CLEMSON or visit clemsontigers.com.
UPDATE: Online registration for Family Weekend and all events is now closed.
Events and Activities - Friday September 6
- Check-in Hendrix Student Center 10:00 a.m. - 4 p.m.. Pick up your weekend schedule and tickets to Family Weekend events purchased through us. If you will not be on campus, your student can check in for the family.
- Clemson History & Traditions (a) 11 a.m. - 12 p.m.. or (b) 2-3 p.m.. Join us for an informational session about Clemson University that is sure to make you an even bigger fan.
- Campus Tours available, beginning at 11 a.m., 1 p.m.., and 2 p.m.. Meet at the Hendrix Student Center Guest Services Desk on the 2nd floor to start a fun and fact-filled tour of campus.
- Lunch ($5 per person) in dining halls 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Consider joining your student in either Harcombe or Schilletter Dining Hall, two of the main eateries on campus. NOTE: If your student has a meal plan, s/he won't need a ticket.
- Calhoun Mansion Tours available in the afternoon. No pre-registration required.
- Consider a visit to the South Carolina Botanical Garden. Lots to see and do. Free admission to all; open every day dawn to dusk.
- Academic College drop-in receptions 3-5 p.m.. Join your student at this reception to learn more about the exciting opportunities that the Clemson University academic experience can offer. Each reception is hosted by the Dean of that academic college; light refreshments will be served. Locations: (a) College of Architechture, Arts and Humanities - Lee Hall Gallery; (b) College of Health, Education and Human Development - Edwards Hall Lobby; (c) College of Agriculture, Forestry & Life Science - Life Sciences Building Lobby; (d) College of Business & Behavioral Science - Sirrine Hall Courtyard; (e) College of Engineering & Science for General Engineering majors - Holtzendorff B03; and (f) College of Engineering & Science for Mathematical Sciences majors - Martin M105.
- LGBTQ Friends and Family drop-in reception 5-6 p.m.. This reception is for the members of our campus community who identify as Lesbian, Gay Bisexual, Transgender and Queer, along with their allies, friends and family. Join us for a fun-filled social to mix and mingle!
- Multicultural Programs and Services CONNECTIONS reception 5-6 p.m.. This is a great time for mentors, mentees and their families to socialize with new friends you've made or reconnect with those you've missed over the summer.
- Family Fest ($12 per person) at Campus Beach and Recreation Area, 6-9 p.m.. Get ready for fun at the beach on Lake Hartwell. The first annual Family Fest will kick off Family Weekend with a lively cookout, lake activities and bonfire. Come watch the sunset over the lake and make some lasting Clemson Family memories.
- Is your student a member of Calhoun Honors College? If so, there is an informal, drop-in reception planned for 4-5:30 p.m. in Holmes Hall Honors Academic Activities Center. Pre-registration is required at the Honors College website. For more information, call 864-656-4762.
Events and Activities - Saturday September 7
- Check-in at Fike Recreation Center, 9 a.m. - noon.
UPDATE: Bus service is at capacity; there are no more seats available for purchase. Bus service ($20 per person) from Anderson Holiday Inn in Anderson to/from Clemson campus. This service is provided on Saturday only. Why stress about finding game-day parking when traveling from Anderson? Leave the driving to us. Depart Anderson at 8:30 a.m., four hours prior to game time kick-off. Drop off on campus will be near Fike Recreation Center. Busses will depart Clemson 2 hours after the game ends (same pickup location as drop off). Seating is limited.
- Tailgate ($12 per person) at Fike Recreation Center, 9:30 a.m. Put on your orange and get ready to see the Tigers face the Bulldogs in Death Valley. Join Parents' Council in Fike Recreation Center for a tailgate lunch sure to please your entire family, with food, fun and games for everyone to enjoy. The tailgate begins at 9:30 a.m., 3 hours prior to kick-off and ends at noon. Lunch is Southern BBQ, sides, tea and water.
- Parent's Council is unable to provide parking for Family Weekend registrants on Saturday. All visitors to campus on game-day must follow established parking rules and park in designated lots.
- After the game will be lots of time for your own family events and activities!
Events and Activities - Sunday September 8
- Check-in at Hendrix Student Center, 9 a.m. - noon.
- Parents' Council Brunch at Hendrix Student Center, 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.. Choose to bring the whole family to a wonderful close to 2013 Family Weekend by joining us for a Sunday Brunch. Reminisce about the game, have that morning cup of coffee and relive the memories.
- Howard's Rock Photo Opportunity with the Clemson University Tiger Mascot 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.. (bring your own camera). Grab the camera and get ready to rub the rock and meet the Tiger Mascot before saying your goodbyes. What could be better than a classic photo op to commemorate 2013 Family Weekend?
- Calhoun Mansion tours available in the afternoon. No pre-registration required.
- Consider a visit to the South Carolina Botanical Garden. Lots to see and do. Free admission to all; open dawn to dusk every day.
Family Weekend T-Shirt
UPDATE: There are no more pre-orders for t-shirts. We hope to have a limited number available for purchase at check-in.
- The 2013 Family Weekend t-shirt is available in orange (as shown) or purple; cost is $13. T-shirts are pre-shrunk 100% cotton.
- Must pre-order to ensure availability - order by August 23.
- Available only through Family Weekend registration!
- Family Weekend orange shirt
Now - Register for Events
- Have your order number available from Family Weekend Registration.
- Prices for events range from $0 - 20.
- Events are priced per person; you must also buy a ticket for your student. (EXCEPTION - if your student has a Dining Services meal plan, you do not need to buy them a Friday lunch ticket.)
UPDATE: Online registration for Family Weekend and all events is now closed.