The Bachelor of Science Program in Chemical Engineering is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years after graduation, graduates of the chemical engineering program are expected to obtain the ability to…
- function successfully in a variety of fields in chemical engineering or in advanced study that uses the problem solving skills taught in chemical engineering.
- identify problems, collect necessary information, and analyze data to draw appropriate conclusions, and make informed decisions.
- function effectively in a diverse workplace using interpersonal and communicative skills gained from their chemical engineering training
- recognize an economic, environmental, health and safety, or sustainability situation in need of improvement, then, make suggestions that improve this situation.
Upon graduation, graduates of the chemical engineering program shall have…
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering in the general field of chemical engineering.
- an ability to design and conduct engineering experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data.
- an ability to design a system, component, or chemical process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- an ability to function on teams, including multi-disciplinary teams.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve chemical engineering problems.
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility; this includes protecting the public and the environment by performing their work in a safe and environmentally conscious manner.
- an ability to communicate effectively.
- the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- a recognition of the need for and the ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- an understanding of cultural expectations and contemporary issues.
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for chemical engineering practice.
Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
Student enrollment and graduation data for this program is posted here.