Cowley College Home Page
Cowley College Home Page Cowley home page
In addition to meetings lots of interesting people, getting a glimpse into the teaching and helping professions, and gaining personal satisfaction from helping others, tutoring also provides the following intellectual benefits to the tutor:
- Encourages higher levels of thinking.
- Increases motivation to learn in order to maintain new role.
- Increases ability to manage own learning and study strategies.
- Increases subject specific knowledge.
- Increases related general knowledge.
- Increases understanding of subject area.
Benefits to Students
- Offers more individualized, systematic, structured learning experience.
- Provides greater congruence between teacher and learner, closer role model.
- Improves academic performance and personal growth.
- Improves attitude toward subject area.
- Generates stronger effects than other individualized teaching strategies.
- Motivates self-paced and self-directed learning.
- Provides intensive practice for students who need it.
- Improves self esteem.
Benefits to the College
- Increases opportunity to reinforce instruction.
- Increases positive student interaction.
- Enhances measurable positive changes in attitude towards teaching/learning for the participants.
- Improves educational climate.
- Facilitates ethnic and racial integration.
Call: 620.442.0430 / Future Students: 620.441.5393 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright Â© Cowley County Community College and Area Vocational-Technical School
/ Legal Notices
/ Non-Discrimination Notice
/ Mobile Path