Cowley College Home Page
Cowley College Home Page Cowley home page
Advisory Committees Department Meetings Membership Lists
The Advisory Committees for the Health & Human Services Department serve as links between the college and the community to provide instructors with guidance on the needs of healthcare facilities, desired student competencies, and technology changes. Members provide valuable services, such as:
assist in the development of curriculum materials and the integration of new technologies;
- review budget proposals and equipment needs;.
- provide support by helping to recruit and placing students in the workforce;
- identify skills needed by program graduates;
- annually review and validate program competencies and make appropriate recommendations;
- support programs by speaking to high school/college students, or visiting on an individual basis with potential students providing information on vocational careers.
- Instructors are encouraged to recruit a diverse group of members to ensure all segments of the population are represented.
- Each program may choose the number of members the instructor determines appropriate. It is recommended that a minimum of 4 or 5 members of business and industry be represented on the committee.
- It is recommended that the committee include at least 1 former student and 1 current student.
Members are chosen for a minimum two year term. Membership is renewable if the member is active and demonstrates interest in continuing to serve.
- If a member does not attend advisory meetings, the instructor should contact that member to determine interest. If the individual is not able to devote the time required, that member should be removed from the committee.
- The instructor may maintain contact with former members by phone or email, as they can be helpful to the program without being active on the committee.
- Advisory Committees should meet a minimum of twice a year, once per semester.
- One meeting may be by phone, email, or personal visit by the instructor.
- At least one of the meetings should be formal, and held in the program classrooms or labs.
- An agenda should be prepared and mailed to each member before formal or informal meetings. A confirmation call should be made prior to the meeting.
- Spring meetings should include:
-Review of the program competencies
-Explanation of the Program Review document
-Review of new materials, books, lab projects
- Instructors are encouraged to visit members at their place of business. Valuable information can be gained as to the needs of that particular business.
- Each instructor should promote a format that provides the most value to the committee.
- The committee may elect members to be responsible for specific duties.
- The committee may choose to have the instructor facilitate meetings.
- Minutes of the meeting are to be typed and sent to the Coordinator of Allied Health Support Services following each meeting.
Advisory Board for EMS EDUCATION
The Allied Health Department holds meetings to discuss budget issues, committee reports, college policy and procedures and other business of the department. Click here to view minutes of the most recent meetings. Note: minutes are posted on the Cowley College Intranet and require a password to access.
Advisory Board for Medical Office Programs
Call: 620.442.0430 / Future Students: 620.441.5303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © Cowley County Community College and Area Vocational-Technical School
/ Legal Notices
/ Non-Discrimination Notice
/ Mobile Path