Cowley College Home Page
Cowley College Home Page Cowley home page
The F-1 Student Visa allows a student to reside within the US for a full time academic program.
F-1 Visa students have certain responsibilities which must be adhered to in order to maintain visa status. To remain in the U.S. legally, students are also obligated to comply with immigration laws.
It is the responsibility of F-1 students to learn, understand and comply with Cowley College's regulations.
- International students must maintain a minimum enrollment of 12 hours throughout the semester (FALL & SPRING), beginning with the first week of the semester. Failure to do so will result in dismissal.
- International Students are allowed to enroll in only ONE distance education course (3 hours) per semester.
- Report the change of any contact information (i.e. address, telephone number, etc.) to the international student advisor in within 21 days.
- Report any change of program or degree level to the .DSO within 21 days.
- Obtain approval from the DSO prior to withdrawing from a course that places you below full-time status if there is an acceptable medical reason.
- Carry the I-94 at all times.
- Keep passport valid at all times.
- If you are enrolling in less than 12 credits your final semester, seek approval from the DSO before the start of that specific semester.
- Students who have been permitted to work by the Federal Government must not work more than 20 hours per week except during the summer or periods when school is not in session. NEVER work without prior approval from the international student advisor or USCIS.
- DO NOT let your I-20 expire if you have not yet completed your program of study.
- Have your I-20 signed by the international advisor before traveling out of the United States of America if you plan to return to continue your program of study at Cowley College.
- To apply for a new visa you must have a valid SEVIS I-20.
- If you plan to spend an entire semester out of the United States of America obtain a new SEVIS I-20 to present at the port of entry when re-entering the U.S.A.
Call: 620.442.0430 / Future Students: 620.441.5303 or email@example.com
Copyright © Cowley County Community College and Area Vocational-Technical School
/ Legal Notices
/ Non-Discrimination Notice
/ Mobile Path