Cowley College

Page Content   US Links   You Links   Local Links


Students may have a grade of W posted on their transcript instead of a letter grade by officially withdrawing from a course. To officially withdraw, students need to obtain their instructor's signature on a withdrawal from which then is processed in the Admissions and Records office postmarked by the withdrawal date below. Students who have never attended classes will be dropped with charges and put on financial hold. Students who stop attending class but do not officially withdraw from a course, will receive an F on their transcript.

The deadlines for withdrawing are as follows:

  1. Semester courses (16 weeks): Students may withdraw prior to November 15 during the fall semester and April 15 during the spring semester.
  2. Summer session, mid-term, and block courses: Students may withdraw up to two (2) weeks prior to final examinations.
  3. Mini-courses: Withdrawals are not permitted after these courses begin.

If a student completely withdraws from the College, refunds are made in accordance with the refund policy and published refund dates.

Students who plan to withdraw from an individual course should initiate such a request with their advisor or, if no advisor has been assigned, in the Registrar's Office. The appropriate form should be signed by the instructor involved and submitted to the Registrar before a mark of "W" can be entered in the permanent record of the student. In cases when instructors request that students be withdrawn from classes, students may follow provisions outlined in Section 262.00 of the Policy Manual.

Distance Learning   Half the Cost   Perspective Students   Contact Cowley   College Catalog   Site Map   Video Gallery

Local Links

Legal Notices
Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.