The OEM Program
The University of Florida offers an Engineering Management master’s degree program in an outreach format for full-time working professionals. The Outreach Engineering Management master’s degree program (OEM) is a joint endeavor between the Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering and the MBA Program, and takes 20 months to complete. OEM students earn an MS degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering (Engineering Management track). For many students, this is a solution to the problem of whether to get a technical master’s degree or an MBA, and a concurrent degree option is available for students who want both degrees.
The next program begins in August with classes in Orlando.
ufrac The UF Research & Academic Center in Lake Nona’s Medical City; current OEM class meeting site.
- An engineering master’s degree for fast-paced lives.
- Get a master’s degree without a career interruption.
- Balance work and family life with graduate school.
- Acquire advanced engineering & management skills for your job.
How OEM Works.
- Classes meet only one weekend per month (8am-5pm Saturday & Sunday).
- It takes 20 months to complete.
- The next program is in Orlando.
- You’ll take five engineering courses and five MBA courses.
- You’ll earn a Master of Science in Industrial and Systems Engineering.
- UF faculty travel from campus to teach.
- You’ll submit assignments between classes, but all lectures are face to face.