- Provide students with exposure to and understanding of diverse legal systems and methodology, and a working knowledge of principal legal issues in foreign countries – with emphasis on such important areas as environment, business, human rights, trademark and international commerce.
- Provide opportunity for study in foreign countries, and bring instructors and other experts from foreign countries to the Levin College of Law …thus offering increased opportunity to understand alternative legal systems, policies and procedures, and enrichment for students and faculty.
- The Visiting Scholar Program at the Levin College of Law offers the opportunity for people to come and do individual research in our law school facilities.
- Attract foreign-trained lawyers to UF’s Comparative Law LL.M. program, enhancing quality of discussion and helping establish international cooperation.
- Participate in foreign programs to promote understanding of legal principles and procedures outside the United States, and enhance international standing and reputation of the University of Florida and its College of Law.