J.D., University of Florida, 1973 B.A., University of Florida, 1970
Teaching and Scholarship
Criminal Clinic: Prosecution
- University of Florida: Joined college of law faculty in 2006, Criminal Clinic: Prosecution, Legal Skills Professor.
- Florida Coastal School of Law: Adjunct Faculty, Trial Practice Workshop, 2005.
- Office of the State Attorney, Third Judicial Circuit of Florida: Assistant State Attorney, 1975-2005.
- Office of the Public Defender, Third Judicial Circuit of Florida: Assistant Public Defender, 1973-1975.
Criminal Clinic: Prosecution - LAW 6942 (6 Credits)
- Enrollment by application prior to pre-registration. Internships will normally be in the Gainesville State Attorney's Office. Internships outside the Gainesville area may be arranged with prior approval of the professor. Course objectives and goals: To familiarize students with all aspects the art and craft of prosecution. To instil in students an understanding of the ethical requirements of prosecution. To equip students with the skills necessary for rendering satisfactory performance as entry level prosecutors.
: 1. Criminal Procedure-Police Practices (LAW 6111). 2. Criminal Procedure-Adversary Systems (LAW 6112). 3. Trial Advocacy (LAW 6361) or Trial Practice (LAW 6363). 4. Completion of at least 48 semester hours.
Principles of Prosecution: a Clinical Handbook, West Group, St. Paul, Minn., anticipated publication date: January, 2008. "Pretrial Motion Practice in Capital Cases," The Practical Prosecutor, NCDA, Columbia, S.C. 2006. "A Classical Approach to Final Argument," Chapter 31 of Mosely, Candace M., Ed., Successful Trial Strategies for Prosecutors, NCDA, Columbia, S.C. 2005. "Arguing Circumstantial Evidence in Murder Cases," Chapter 32 of Mosely, Candace M., Ed., Successful Trial Strategies for Prosecutors, NCDA, Columbia, S.C. 2005. "Communicating Case Theory on Cross Examination," The Practical Prosecutor, NCDA, Columbia, S.C. 2004. "Required Pretrial Notices," Chapter 6.I of Florida Prosecutors Manual, FPAA, Tallahassee, FLa. 1982.