J.D., University of Michigan M.S.M.E., Worcester Polytechnic Institute (highest honors
) B.S.M.E., Duke University (summa cum laude
Teaching and Scholarship
Local Government Law, State and Local Taxation, United States and State Constitutional Law, Worker's Compensation and Employment Legislation, Torts and Reparation Systems Reform, Property, Administrative Law, Comparative Constitutional Law and History.
- University of Florida: Joined College of Law in 1967 as Assistant Professor. Named Associate Professor 1968, Professor 1971 and Alumni Research Scholar in 1994.
- Visiting Faculty: Monash University (Australia), University of Auckland (New Zealand), University of Natal (South Africa), Visiting Fellow, Wolfson College at Oxford University, University of Peking, Stellenbosch University, South Africa.
- University of Michigan: Resident Advisor Hinsdale House, Office of Student Affairs (1961-63); Navigation Systems Engineer at Navigation and Control Systems Laboratory, Institute of Science and Technology (1961-64).
- Government Administration: Gainesville City Commissioner (1972-78); Gainesville Mayor-Commissioner (1977-78).
- Professional Affiliations: Member of Florida, Georgia, Michigan and District of Columbia Bars; Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Xi, Florida Bar Committees on Professional Ethics, Florida Defenders of the Environment.