Photo of Leanne Pflaum in 2014
Leanne J. Pflaum
Master Legal Skills Professor
Box #117624 Gainesville, FL 32611
J.D., Florida State University (with honors
) B.D., University of Florida
Teaching & Scholarship
Legal Research and Writing; Appellate Advocacy; Introduction to Law. Faculty Advisor to Moot Court Team.
- University of Florida: Faculty since 1989.
- Professional Experience: Private practice, Miami, Florida (1983-89). Law clerk to the Honorable Norman Hendry (1980-83).
- Bar Admissions: Admitted to the Florida Bar. Admitted to practice: United States Supreme Court; United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals; United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals; United States District Court, Southern District of Florida.
- Professional Organizations: American Bar Association; Florida Association of Women Lawyers; Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association; Legal Writing Institute.
Legal Research & Writing (2 credits) - LAW 5792
- First half of two-part course, both required for graduation. Includes emphasis on basic legal research and writing legal memoranda. Graded on a scale of Satisfactory (S), Honors (S+), or Unsatisfactory (U). Must be completed with a grade of "S" or better even if this necessitates repeating course following semester.
Appellate Advocacy (2 credits) - LAW 5793
- As continuation of LAW 5792, a factual situation is presented to the student by means of a hypothetical appellate record. The record is the basis for the preparation of an appellate brief and oral arguments. The course is graded on a scale of Satisfactory (S), Honors (S+), or Unsatisfactory (U). Must be completed with grade of S or better, even if this necessitates repeating course following semester.
Prerequisites: Passing grade in Legal Research & Writing (LAW 5792).