Leanne Pflaum’s legal experience includes positions as a judicial clerk, and as a litigation and appellate attorney in south Florida. While in private practice she specialized in the areas of defamation, fraud, legal and medical malpractice, and products liability. She has taught Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy at the University Florida since 1989, and has also taught at the University of Warsaw. She is the co-author of Legal Writing by Design: A Guide to Great Briefs and Memos
(Carolina Academic Press, 2d edition 2013).
J.D., Florida State University (with honors
); B.D., University of Florida
- University of Florida law faculty since 1989, Master Legal Skills Professor and Assistant Director, Legal Research & Writing and Appellate Advocacy.
- Judicial clerk to appellate judge in Miami.
- Private practice: Corlett, Killian, Hardeman, Mcintosh& Levi, P.A., Miami, Florida (1983-87); James F. Dougherty, P.A., Miami Beach, Florida (1987-88; of counsel 1988-89).
- Bar admissions: Florida Bar; United States District Court, Southern District of Florida; United States Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals; United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals; United States Supreme Court.
- Professional Affiliations: American Bar Association; Legal Writing Institute; Florida Association of Women Lawyers; Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association.