Center for Governmental Responsibility
Box #117629 Gainesville, FL 32611
A.B., Duke University, 1989; J.D., University of Florida, 1994
Teaching & Scholarship
- Comparative & Florida Constitutional Law, Historic Preservation Law
- Timothy McLendon is a Staff Attorney at the Center for Governmental Responsibility, a research and policy institute attached to the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
- Mr. McLendon received his B.A. in history from Duke University in 1989. His history studies included two semesters at the Universität Wien, Vienna, Austria. He received his J.D. in 1994 from the University of Florida. His research has involved Everglades restoration policies, local land use law, sustainable development, historic preservation law, Florida constitutional law and international environmental law.
- He is the author of a handbook on Florida historic preservation law and has lectured on that subject for the Florida Trust for Historic Preservation.
- He has participated in USIA-funded mediation and dispute resolution projects in Haiti since 1996. He has participated in training programs for Brazilian judges and prosecutors in comparative environmental and land use law in 1996, 2000-09. He also researched legal and constitutional issues for the Florida Constitution Revision Commission in 1997-98, and the Florida Supreme Court's Committee on Privacy and Court Records from 2003-05.
- He currently serves on the Florida Supreme Court's Committee on Access to Court Records.
- He teaches Florida Constitutional and Historic Preservation Law at the University of Florida College of Law, European Union Law in the Department of Political Science at the University of Florida and has lectured on comparative constitutional and land use law issues in Brazil, Peru and Poland.
- A member of the Florida Bar, Mr. McLendon's practice in state and federal courts has included issues relating to privacy rights, open government, environmental and education law, as well as initiative amendments to the Florida Constitution.
Historic Preservation (2 credits) - LAW 6936
Law & Policy in the Americas (2 credits) - LAW 6936
Latin American Business Environment Report (16th ed.) (with Terry McCoy) University of Florida, Center for Latin American Studies, December 2014
Latin American Business Environment Report (with Terry McCoy) University of Florida, Center for Latin American Studies, 2009
- "Law Schools as Agents of Change and Justice Reform in the Americas," (with Jon Mills) 20 Florida Journal of International Law 5 2008
- "Institutional and Political Development of the European Union: A Context for the 2004 European Parliamentary Elections," in The European Union Expansion: Communicating Shared Sovereignty in the Parliamentary Elections. Lynda Lee Kaid, ed., 2008
- "Summary of Florida Historic Preservation Law," in Treatise of Florida Environmental & Land Use Law. Florida Bar, 2000, 2008.