Law faculty have the rare privilege of being able to request items from other UF libraries and have them be delivered to the Legal Information Center.
To request materials:
Self-help (Only Law Faculty)
- Look up the materials in the catalog.
- Click on the link for the item that you want.
- At the top of the screen, click on the “renewals/library account” button.
- Enter your Gatorlink and password.
- The “renewals/library account” button should now be replaced with three new buttons – “loans/renewals,” “requests,” & “my account” – and a blue “request” link should show up towards the bottom of the screen next to the Note field.
- Click on the “request” link.
- You should get a message that says “Hold was successfully placed.”
- The blue “request” link should show up for other materials that you search for during this session for which you are logged into the catalog.
- When the materials arrive at the law library, you will receive an email.
- If you make a mistake, you may cancel requests by clicking on the “requests” button at the top of the screen. Then click “cancel.”
Send an email with all of the details of the materials that you need to your liaison or email@example.com.
If the catalog does not allow you to place a request, such as with videos, or you receive an error while trying to place a hold, please contact your liaison for assistance.
New Materials Requests
The UF Lawton Chiles Legal Information Center is happy to consider purchasing materials that you suggest that fit within our collection and budget. We can also assist you in the purchase of books and media for your personal use by charging the materials to your PDA. To place a request, please contact your liaison.