Using the Library
- Reserves (ARES)
- Contact Us
Computers, Printing, and Copying
All library workstations use the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and provide the following array of available software and services.
- Internet / Database Access, Web Email Access, Word Processing and Other Production Software
- To set up wireless printing, visit: http://guides.uflib.ufl.edu/lawprinting
- Printers are available in the Library and Bruton Geer Hall. Transactions are charged to your Gator-1 card.
- Black and White copying/printing costs $.10 per page
- UF students, faculty, and staff can use their Gator 1 Cards to access Vending Account value they have or will set up online.
- Non-affiliated users will be given a special “walkup” card at library service desks with a pre-assigned account number but no copy/print value.
- Value can be added to Gator 1 or “walkup” cards online using a credit card ($15.00 minimum at this time). This value may also be used for some other campus services (e.g. snacks in some vending machines).
- UF departmental users must request their cards and transfer value to them through Gator 1 Central.
- Value should be applied to your account within approximately 10 minutes .
Using Library Computers
Visitors to the library may obtain temporary access to the library computers by visiting the Reference Desk during reference hours. Visitors receive a unique username and password that is valid for fourteen (14) days. This username and password does not permit off-campus access to UF databases.
All library computers use the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system and provide the following:
- Access to the Internet and UF databases
- Access to the UF library catalog
- Word Processing
Connecting to the UF Wireless Network
Visitors to the library may obtain temporary access to the UF wireless network by visiting the Reference Desk during reference hours. Visitors receive a unique username and password that is valid for fourteen (14) days. This username and password does not permit off-campus access to UF databases.
- Upon request, visitors receive a special card permitting access to library copiers.
- Value must be added to these cards online using a credit card ($15.00 minimum at this time).
- Library copiers are not coin-operated.
Currently, visitors cannot print from library computers or by using the UF wireless network.
- Visitors may use the scanners at the library at no cost. In order to use the scanners, a visitor must first have a temporary computer account, which may be obtained at the Reference Desk during reference hours.
- It is recommended that visitors bring flash drives in order to save the scanned documents.
- Scanned documents may be sent via e-mail from the library computer attached to the scanner.