The Levin College of Law follows University of Florida policies and procedures regarding closings and other matters. In the event of an emergency, updated information will be posted on the UF homepage. Information also will be distributed through local radio and television stations (see Communications below), and available by calling UF information at 352-392-3261 (activated during emergencies only).
Finally, we urge you to sign up to receive UF emergency text messages by navigating in myUFL to the Main Menu => My Account => Update Emergency Contact, then entering a cell phone number in the Local Home Street Address section.
Law School-Related Information
- In the event of a fire or other emergency at the law school, please proceed quickly but carefully to the nearest exit then continue on to a distance of at least 50 feet away from the exterior of the school. Do NOT go to the law school courtyard.
- If a severe storm or tornado occurs while you are on the law school campus, please go to or remain in an inside, windowless classroom or other facility. Examples include the Rare Book Room, Faculty and Staff Lounges, internal library meeting rooms, or classrooms such as 285D.
These and other links are available on the University of Florida’s Emergency Page at http://www.ehs.ufl.edu/disasterplan/.
- UF Natural Disaster/Hurricane Emergency Plan
- University of Florida Police Department
- Alachua County Emergency Management
- Florida Division of Emergency Management
- Department of Homeland Security
- United States: Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Alachua County Fire Rescue
Law Enforcement & Safety
- University Police Department
- Gainesville Police Department
- Alachua County Sheriff’s Office
- Florida Highway Patrol
- University of Florida Environmental Health and Safety
- Florida State Fire Marshall
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- National Weather Service-Jacksonville’s Point Forecast for Campus
- UF’s Weather Page
- UF’s Tropical Weather Page
- UF on-campus real time weather
- National Weather Service – Headquarters and Divisions
- National Hurricane Center – Tropical Prediction Center
- Hurricane Hunters Home Page
- The Weather Channel
- UF News and Public Affairs
- WUFT-TV / WUFT-FM / WJUF-FM / WLUF-LP
- WRUF – AM850 – Rock 104
- The SKY – 97.3 FM News Talk
- 98.5 KTK
- Emergency Alert System
- The Gainesville Sun
- Alligator Online