$2,500 for books, $2,000 for articles, reviews, or book chapters; and $1,000 for student work
$6,000 stipend for the summer
For the second year in a row, the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association (THBA) will award the Cruz-Garcia Law Student Scholarship to two deserving law students. The following are the eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a law student of Hispanic origin from the Tampa Bay area; and
- Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited law school in the State of Florida; and
- Applicant must have a minimum law school GPA of 2.0 (or equivalent); and
- Applicant must have distinguished himself/herself academically; or
- Applicant must have distinguished himself/herself in service-oriented activities that benefit the Hispanic community in the Tampa Bay area; or
- Applicant must have a demonstrable interest in serving the Hispanic community in the Tampa Bay area upon graduation and/or during law school
To apply, please submit a current resume, a copy of a current law school transcript, and an essay (no more than 1000 words) that addresses in detail why you are qualified for this scholarship along with any other information you wish to share with the scholarship committee on why you are deserving of this award.
Application is here.