- The Lehman College Department of Athletics handed out ten major awards to its student-athletes. Lehman Athletics Holds 64th Annual Awards Dinner.
- The College's School of Education was Ranked No. 5 in NYC and No. 11 in the U.S. Lehman School of Education Rated One of America’s Best Programs.
- While most students were unwinding over spring break, members of a new musical called “Daniel in the Lion’s Den” were hard at work at Lehman College. Riverdale resident and music professor Penny Prince composed the score, though the script itself was a collaborative process involving the cast. “This show is something different, not only from the content and the story but also from the way it was made,” said Lehman freshman Bryan Paredes, who plays the part of King Belshazzar. Riverdale Press: You’re Gonna Hear Them Roar.
- The path to an undergraduate degree majoring in biochemistry has been anything but typical or easy for Lehman junior, George Maio. The 29-year old graduated in 2009 from Saint Thomas Aquinas College in Rockland County with a degree in marketing. After several years in the marketing and advertising industries, he realized he wanted a career in the sciences, and came to Lehman in 2013. Biochemistry Student Wins American Chemical Society Fellowship for Innovative Work.
- Lehman College and Macaulay Honors College alumnus Cesar Andrade is about to begin what will certainly be four of the toughest but most rewarding years of his life. As an incoming student at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in Manhattan, the Lehman class of 2014 graduate wants to pursue a career as a primary care physician who works with underserved populations and conducts research addressing healthcare disparities. Lehman College Macaulay Honors Grad Receives $200,000 in Scholarships to Attend Medical School.
- Lila Rose and Anil Oza from the High School of American Studies at Lehman College, won this year's Bronx SciFest. Two Students from the High School of American Studies at Lehman College Claim SciFest Crown.
- The paint is dry, the artwork has been hung, and the furniture has been lovingly cleaned and upholstered in the newly opened Lactation Suite, located in Carman Hall, Rm. 187. Staff members in the Division of Student Affairs and the Division of Administration held a ribbon-cutting ceremony to celebrate the official opening of the new facility designed to meet the needs of nursing moms on campus. A New Suite for Nursing Moms Opens at Lehman.
- Dr. Anny Morrobel-Sosa, Provost of Lehman College, will address the issues of STEM education and women as part of an United States-Egypt Higher Education Initiative. Provost Anny Morrobel-Sosa Visits Egypt as Part of Higher Education Initiative.
- Professor Victoria Sanford has been awarded her third J. William Fulbright Scholarship and is awaiting the publication of two new books this year. Prof. Sanford Wins Third Fulbright Scholarship and Will Publish Two Books in 2016.
- Lehman alumnus Rafael Almanzar ('09), now an academic advisor at Texas A&M, has received a 2016 National Academic Advising Association award. Lehman Alumnus at Texas A&M Wins Award as Outstanding Academic Advisor.
- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon delivered the 47th Annual Herbert H. Lehman Memorial Lecture on Thursday, March 17, at the Lovinger Theatre. United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon Delivers 2016 Lehman Lecture.
- Dr. LeRonn Brooks, a Lehman adjunct assistant professor, has curated a powerful new art exhibit, Bronx: Africa, at the Longwood Gallery at Hostos Community College. Bronx: Africa: An Artistic Journey into the Borough’s African Connection.