Requirements for admission to the MPH program include:
- Completed online application
- Official transcript(s) of all college-level study
- Undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 (B) or higher.
- Three letters of recommendation - 2 academic references and one professional reference are recommended.
- Personal goal statement 2-3 pages in length, describing your interest in and commitment to urban public health. Your personal goal statement should briefly describe: 1) your interests and experiences in the field of public health, 2) what your goals are for a career in urban public health, and 3) why you would like to complete your MPH degree at Northeastern University. You may include any other information that you feel might be useful.
- Interview (in person or via phone) - Optional, at discretion of Admissions Committee
- International students must also submit official scores of the TOEFL examination - The MPH Program looks for IELTS score of 7.0. Exemptions to this policy are reviewed by the program director. To request a petition to waive the TOEFL, the TOEFL Waiver form should be sent to the MPH program director.
- Official GRE Scores* (taken within the last 5 years; required of all non-Northeastern University graduates)
*The MPH Program in Urban Health Admission Committee requests all applicants complete the GRE. In very rare circumstances this requirement has been waived. If an applicant wishes to submit a petition to have the GRE waived, the GRE Waiver form should be sent to the MPH Program Director with supporting materials. The petition will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
See the MPH FAQs for common questions and answers!
Laura Desrochers, MPH
312 Robinson Hall