The application for the 2014 nuSERVES Program is now closed due to the program being completely full. We hope you will get involved in the Center of Community Service during the Fall semester.
nuSERVES offers fifty incoming first-year Northeastern students an opportunity to explore the Boston community through community service. Students learn about issues affecting urban environments through the integration of educational workshops, trainings, and reflection. This knowledge is then applied to various service projects throughout the community.
nuSERVES not only challenges participants’ perceptions and assumptions, it encourages them to advocate for solutions, take action in their new community, and make long lasting friendships prior to the start of classes in the fall.
In order to participate in nuSERVES, incoming first-year students must have attended an NU Summer Orientation session before the week of the nuSERVES program (8/25/14-8/29/14).
The program fee for nuSERVES for 2014 is $300.00.
Unfortunately, Honors students are not eligible to participate, as the nuSERVES program conflicts with Honors Welcome Week.
nuSERVES 2014 Dates:
- Team Leader Applications Due: Friday, April 11, 2014
- First Year Applications Available: Monday, June 16, 2014
- Team Leader Move In & Training Begins: Sunday, August 24, 2014
- First-Year Team Member Move-in & Program Start: Monday, August 25, 2014
- nuSERVES 2014 Program Week: Monday, August 25th - Friday, August 29th