Team Leader applications for the 2015 program are now open!! Click HERE to apply - be sure to submit your application NO LATER THAN April 13th at 5pm!
nuSERVES offers sixty five incoming first-year and transfer Northeastern students an opportunity to explore the Boston community through community service. Students learn about their new neighborhood and the strengths and challenges of the communities surrounding Northeastern through the integration of educational workshops, trainings, service projects and group reflections.
nuSERVES not only challenges participants’ perceptions and assumptions, it encourages them to advocate for solutions, take action in their new community, and make long lasting friendships prior to the start of classes in the fall.
In order to participate in nuSERVES, incoming students must have attended an NU Summer Orientation session before the week of the nuSERVES program (8/31/15-9/4/15).
Unfortunately, Honors students are not eligible to participate, as the nuSERVES program conflicts with Honors Welcome Week.
nuSERVES 2015 Dates:
- Team Leader Applications Due: Monday, April 13, 2015
- First Year Applications Available: Mid-June, exact dates TBA
- Team Leader Move In & Training Begins: Saturday, August 29, 2015
- First-Year Team Member Move-in & Program Start: Monday, August 31, 2015
- nuSERVES 2014 Program Week: Monday, August 31st - Friday, September 4th