Undergraduate Research Initiative
The College of Social Sciences and Humanities (CSSH) Undergraduate Research Initiative supports undergraduate research and creative work activities in CSSH. Support can be used for a variety of activities including the purchase of data or software, trips to archives, library cards, preparation of materials for presentation, etc. Students must conduct research with a faculty member.
Eligibility: Any undergraduate major in the College of Social Sciences and Humanities is eligible. An individual cannot receive more than one award per year.
Details of Award:
• Amount awarded will be up to $500 to aid in any stage of the project;
• Eligible requests include, but are not restricted to, materials and supplies, aid in data collection, or dissemination of work;
• Successful applicants will be reimbursed based on the submission of original receipts;
• Successful applicants must submit a brief report (up to two pages) on the use of the funds within 30 days of the end of the semester in which the award was made;
• Successful applicants are strongly encouraged to present their work at an on-campus venue.
Deadlines: There will be two cycles of awards annually. The current deadline is February 8, 2013. Future deadlines are May 1 for Fall awards and December 1 for Spring awards.
Application Process: Fill out the application form and submit to Krissy Mainello ( email@example.com) via e-mail by the deadline. Late applications will not be considered. If the research project is going to be carried out with a faculty member, the faculty member must provide a letter of support for your project.
Application materials consist of:
1) Application form* (add pages as necessary)
2) Itemized budget*
3) Letter of support from faculty sponsor (directly from the faculty member to Krissy Mainello)
* Please make a single pdf of items 1 and 2