Welcome and congratulations on your acceptance to Northeastern University! Student Financial Services is committed to helping you navigate the process of applying for federal financial aid and alternative loans.
Do not hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions.
For your specific financial aid counselor, please see contact information below:
D'Amore-McKim School of Business, All Graduate Programs
Last name: A-J
Last name: K-Mi
Last name: Mj-Z
Federal Aid Eligibility
Students in the Graduate Colleges must meet the following criteria to be eligible for federal financial aid:
be enrolled in at least 6 semester hours per term for federal financial aid, unless you are enrolled in a full-time standalone course listed on: http://www.northeastern.edu/registrar/ref-udc-fulltime.pdf*
be citizens or eligible non-citizens of the United States,
be matriculated in a degree-granting program,
have received their high school diploma or G.E.D.,
be registered with Selective Service if required,
not be convicted of a drug related crime in the last year,
not be in default from previous student loans, and
maintain satisfactory academic progress.
*Please note, although some programs may consider students enrolled in 4 credits to have half-time status, in order to qualify for federal financial aid, students must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits.
How to Apply
- File FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) by March 1 in order to be considered for all available federal aid.
- Northeastern’s FAFSA school code is 002199.
- You will need your PIN to electronically sign your FAFSA online. If you do not have one or have forgotten your PIN, go to PIN.ed.gov to obtain one before starting the FAFSA online.
- New Students are awarded on an on-going basis throughout the spring after we have been notified that they have been accepted into their program.
- Returning Students who have met the March 1st priority filing deadline are awarded throughout the summer.
Typical Graduate Financial Aid Award
- Students who file FAFSA will be eligible to receive up to $20,500 Unsubsidized Stafford loan, assuming that all eligibility requirements have been met.
- For more information about Stafford loans, please click here.
Graduate Assistantships and Scholarships
- These positions and awards are offered directly by the individual graduate schools or academic departments. Students seeking such assistance should contact their graduate school for an application and eligibility criteria.
- Review a description of available Graduate Assistantships and Scholarships.
- For those who qualify, there are federal, state and private educational loan programs which can be used to finance costs in excess of your awarded financial aid.
- For more information about the Graduate PLUS loan, rates, and how to apply, please click here.
- For information about other supplemental loans, please click here.
Calculating Your Annual Cost
- Individual costs vary depending on course load, living accommodations, and personal expenses.
- The following information, based on 2015-2016 figures, should be helpful in developing an estimated budget:
Cost Per Credit Hour
Applied Behavioral Analysis
Arts, Media, and Design
Bouve College of Health Science
Computer and Information Science
School of Technological Entrepreneurship
Social Sciences and Humanities
Physician Assistant (per term)
Dissertation (flat rate equivalent to 1.5 of the college per credit hour rate listed above)
1.5 x per credit hour rate
Masters or Doctoral Continuation fee (flat rate equivalent to the college per credit hour rate listed above)
1 credit hour rate
Doctor of Audiology (Au.D) (per term) (effective Summer 2015)
Audiology(Au.D) Clinical (effective Summer 2015)
Executive MBA (full program)
MSA/MBA (full program) Effective with Cohort beginning Summer 2015
MS Accounting (per credit)
MS in Innovation
Direct Entry Nursing On-ground (per term)
Direct Entry Nursing Hybrid (per credit)
Post Baccalaureate Direct Entry Graduate DPT (per semester)
Post Baccalaureate Direct Entry Pharm D (First Three Years per semester)
Post Baccalaureate Direct Entry Pharm D (Fourth Year per semester effective Summer 2015)
Nurse Anesthetist Clinical (in addition to tuition)
RN to BSN Online (per credit)
Student Center Fee (per term, Boston Campus only)
Student Recreation Fee (per term)
Student Activities Fee (per year, Boston Campus only)
Health and Counseling Fee
Health Plan Fee (yearly, optional)
Parking (optional, per semester)
International Student Fee
Cost per term
Estimated Living Allowance per term (fall and spring)
Estimated Living Allowance per term (Summer term)
Books and Supplies (Full Time students)
Transportation per term (fall and spring) ($300 Summer term)
Personal Expenses per term (fall and spring) ($300 Summer term)
Please note, if you are a new student and have filed FAFSA, your financial aid award will be coming soon.