External Private Resources
Students may be eligible for a variety of aid programs independent of Northeastern and the federal/state aid processes. There are many resources available to you. A number of local organizations make money available each year. Many statewide and national organizations and corporations also have funds available for students who meet their criteria.
Note: You must report all private sources of student financial aid to the Northeastern University Office of Student Financial Services in writing. Outside awards are considered part of your aid package, and in most cases will be applied first to unmet financial need, then to replace loans and/or work-study, and if necessary, to reduce institutional grants and/or scholarships.
If you have a scholarship payment, please forward it to the address below. If the external organization requires a billing statement or other verification from the University, please send a copy of the organization's request to the address below:
Student Financial Services
ATTN: General Scholarship, 354 Richards Hall
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115-5000
Finding Outside Scholarships
Your local library
A trip to your local library will find many scholarship books available that contain the addresses of scholarship programs. It requires some work on your part (applications, essays, etc.), but a few hours of your time could yield valuable information and lead to additional funding for your education. Locally, ASA College Planning Centerr, located in the basement of the Boston Public Library in Copley Square, has numerous resources available to help you find outside aid, including a computerized database of scholarships.
- The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
- The College Board's Scholarship Search
- Peterson’s Scholarship Search
- CollegeNET Scholarship Search
- College Scholarships.org
- College Scholarship Search
Remember that all scholarship information is available to you free of charge! Be extremely wary of any organization or company that asks you for a “finder’s fee” or “guarantees” that they can find you aid. Any reputable scholarship organization will not charge you a penny for this information.
The above list is provided to you as a reference tool. It should not be construed as an endorsement by Northeastern University of any of the organizations listed.
Outside Scholarship Opportunities - Posted on 11/17/14Scholarship Name Link
America’s Driver Job List’s Logistics and Supply Chain Scholarship https://www.driverjoblist.com/logistics-supply-chain-scholarship/
Best Medical Assistant Programs Scholarship http://www.bestmedicalassistantprograms.org/scholarship/
Best Value Schools STEM Scholarship for Women http://www.bestvalueschools.com/stem-scholarship-for-women/
Blaze Wifi Rural Scholarship Essay Contest http://www.blazewifi.com/scholarship
Boling Rice, LLC Scholarship http://www.bolingriceatlanta.com/scholarship/
CARiD Scholarship Program http://www.carid.com/scholarships.html
Cottage Inn Gourmet Pizza Scholarship (Incoming Freshmen only) http://www.cottageinn.com/cottage-inn-scholarship/
EmergencyLights.net Scholarship http://www.emergencylights.net/emergencylights-net-scholarship/
HomeInsurance.com Scholarship https://homeinsurance.com/home-insurance-scholarship.html
Insureon Small Business Scholarship http://www.insureon.com/insureonu/small-business-scholarship
Michigan Auto Law Car Accident Injury Survivor Scholarship http://www.michiganautolaw.com/car-accidents/injury-scholarship/
NursingProgramsHelp.com Scholarship http://www.nursingprogramshelp.com/scholarship/
Tapper’s Diamonds and Fine Jewelry Scholarship http://tappers.com/campaign/scholarship.aspx
The Transparency Scholarship http://whistleblower-quitam-attorney.net/transparency-scholarship/
VSOD.net Future of the Internet Scholarship http://www.vsod.net/scholarship
Outside Scholarship Opportunities - Posted before 11/17/14
- SeniorAdvisor.com’s In-Home Care Innovation Scholarship - https://www.senioradvisor.com/ind/in-home-care#scholarship
- Announcement Converters Graphic Arts and Graphic Design Scholarship - http://www.announcementconverters.com/scholarship.html
- CourseHorse Learner’s Scholarship - http://coursehorse.com/scholarship
- Future First Nursing Scholarship - http://bestonlinerntobsnprogram.com/NursingScholarship.html
- LowVARates - Military College Scholarship. Amount of Award: $1,250. Deadline: Dec. 31, 2014. Open to all students http://www.lowvarates.com/military-college-scholarship.
- BistroMD Diet Delivery Scholarship - http://www.bistromd.com/scholarship
- Dry Defender $1,000 Protect Your Bed Scholarship - http://protectivebedding.com/dry-defender-protect-your-bed-scholarship
- Cliffside Malibu Scholarship - http://student-scholarships.cliffsidemalibu.com/
- Graduate Programs Pre-Grad Scholarship. Sponsor: Graduate Programs Foundation. Eligibility: Graduate Programs will award $1,000 scholarships to pre-grad students who are current undergraduates (Juniors and Seniors) in an accredited institution who are thinking of applying to Grad school, or are recent college graduates who are thinking about going to Grad school. In order to apply, the student must provide some basic information and a “Statement of Purpose.” Award: $1,000/quarterly. How to Apply: Application online www.graduateprograms.com/pre-grad-registration/
- Forklift Systems Giving Students A Lift Scholarship - http://forkliftsystems.com/corporate/scholarship/
- The Asian Women In Business Scholarship Fund - http://awib.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=Page.viewPage&pageId=811
- DigiCert’s Internet of Things Scholarship - https://www.digicert.com/internet-of-things-scholarship.htm?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRoku67BZKXonjHpfsX%2B6u8uXqazlMI%2F0ER3fOvrPUfGjI4DSMJlI%2BSLDwEYGJlv6SgFQrLAMbdw0bgKXRA%3D
- DigiCert’s $1,000 Internet Security Scholarship - https://www.digicert.com/internet-security-scholarship.htm?mkt_tok=3RkMMJWWfF9wsRonvKnAZKXonjHpfsXw4%2BQuUa%2B%2BlMI%2F0ER3fOvrPUfGjI4DTMRjI%2BSLDwEYGJlv6SgFQrLAMbdw0bgKXRA%3D
- Yottabyte Innovations in Software Scholarship - http://www.yottabyte.com/scholarship/innovations-software-scholarship/
- Steamer’s Carpet Care Scholarship - http://www.steamerscarpetcare.com/carpet-care-scholarship/
- 2015 SatelliteInternet.net Scholarship Competition - http://www.satelliteinternet.net/scholarship
- OSIAffiliate.com High School and College Writing Scholarships - http://www.osiaffiliate.com/scholarship/
- Pelican Water Systems College Scholarship Contest - http://www.pelicanwater.com/scholarship.php
- RN to BSN Online Program Scholarship Program – Information about the scholarship is available here: http://www.rntobsnonlineprogram.com/scholarship-program/. To apply online, please follow this link http://www.rntobsnonlineprogram.com/scholarship-program/scholarship-application/.
- See Through Canoe Forestry Scholarship - http://www.seethroughcanoe.com/forestry-scholarship.html
- Look Twice, Save A Life Scholarship – Offered by InsuranceProviders.com, the scholarship application can be found at http://www.insuranceproviders.com/look-twice-save-a-life-scholarship
- Chalik and Chalik Law Offices’ Survivor’s Scholarship – http://www.chaliklaw.com/scholarship/
- Mhelpdesk Scholarship - http://mhelpdesk.com/scholarship/
- Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers’ Single Mother Scholarship - http://www.rosenfeldinjurylawyers.com/articles/single-mother-scholarship/
- Griswold Home Care Scholarship - http://www.griswoldhomecare.com/scholarship/
- Appliances Connection’s College Connection Merit Scholarship Fund - http://www.appliancesconnection.com/college-connection-scholarship.html
- LA Tutors 123 Innovation Scholarship - http://www.latutors123.com/scholarship
- Versitas Education Scholarship - http://versitas.com/company/scholarship/
- Make My Business Attractive Scholarship - http://www.simplicitycollect.com/simplicity-2014-scholarship/
- The SweatBlock “Social Confidence” Scholarship - http://www.sweatblock.com/scholarship/
- The Senior Planning Social Work & Eldercare Award is for those who have demonstrated a commitment to the community in regards to healthcare and social assistance and intend to apply those experiences to a future career in the social work field. Open to applicants with fewer than 90 credit hours towards their current degree. Please fill out the downloadable application on: http://www.seniorplanning.org/senior-planning-social-work-eldercare-award/.
- Influence Print 2014 Scholarship Amount: $1,000. Eligibility: High school seniors or undergraduate college students. Requirement: Graphics / Digital Design entry. Deadline: Dec. 31, 2014. For more information, please click here: http://www.influenceprint.com/design-scholarship-2014/
Printaholic.com has launched an annual $1,000 scholarship for graduate and undergraduate students who major in Graphic Design or a related field. The details for Artistic Excellence in Print and Design Marketing Scholarship can be found here: http://www.printaholic.com/scholarship/.
- AllJobOpenings.com Working Student Scholarship annually provides one-time awards of $2,000 to students who are currently enrolled in college (and working while they do it). The scholarship is open to all students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at any accredited U.S. university or college. The current application deadline is June 10, 2015, and the scholarship will be awarded for the fall 2015 semester. You can find out more about the scholarship on this page.
The JW Surety Bonds $25,000 Scholarship Giveaway was created to give students, both undergraduate and graduate, a chance to win up to $25,000 toward college tuition, while providing an opportunity to showcase skills in their respective fields of study. With their applications, students will submit original content focused on a specific business category provided. Upon being reviewed, selected entries will be posted our corporate blog, and the student will be entered for a chance to win the $25,000 scholarship at the year end. You can read more about our scholarship program here: http://www.jwsuretybonds.com/scholarship/
AMG Engineering is offering a structural engineering scholarship for the year of 2014. Deadline: October 1, 2014.
- "The Goodwin Innovation Scholarship," run by The Law Office of Goodwin & Scieszka, includes one first place winner at $1000 and two runner up winners at $500. More information about our scholarship can be found here:http://www.1888goodwin.com/innovation-scholarship/.
- The Lee Steinberg P.C. Law Scholarship. It is also a writing contest that has a $1,000 award. More details about it can be found here: http://www.leefree.net/law-scholarship/.
- O’Bryan Law Aquatic & Marine Studies Scholarship: This scholarship will give 3 aquatic and marine studies students $2500 to relieve the financial burden of school in exchange for a genuine display of motivation to help contribute to aquatic and oceanic research. Details can be found here: http://obryanlaw.net/scholarship/
- Reverie Innovation Scholarship: As a leading manufacturer of innovative sleep systems, Reverie is offering undergraduate and graduate engineering students a chance to win up to $2,000. Applicants must submit a transcript and answer an essay prompt here: http://www.reverie.com/wp/reverie-innovation-scholarship
- 2014 Public & Environmental Health Scholarship: Sponsored by Michigan plumbing company Levine & Sons, this scholarship gives students a chance to win up to $1,500 by submitting a transcript and answering an essay question. Details are available here: http://www.levineandsons.com/scholarship/
- MAE Plastic Surgery Student Loan Grant: MAE Plastic Surgery is giving a lucky medical student $5,000 to be used towards paying off their student loans. To apply, students must answer several questions and fill out an application here: http://www.maeplasticsurgery.com/mae-student-loan-grant/
Panrimo Grants and Scholarships - Panrimo, a study abroad company, is handing out multiple grants and scholarships. They're making available more than $1,000,000 in awards for students interested in studying abroad. Students can apply for on their website here: http://www.panrimo.com/topics/85/grants-and-scholarships
The ACLS Training Association has recently launched its scholarship program as means of helping, supporting and encouraging students in the medical field who are on their way to dedicating their lives to the service of others. This scholarship program is open to all college students who are currently enrolled in a nationally accredited institution providing medical education. Students have to submit an essay outlining a past experience with lifesaving techniques or how to use these techniques in a future lifesaving situation. More details are available at http://www.aclsrecertification.com/scholarship .
Global English Editing has launched a Scholarship Program for US university students. They are offering an annual scholarship of $1500 to the leading student that outlines the contribution they intend to make to American society after graduation. Students must outline this in 200 words or less. The scholarship homepage is located at http://geediting.com/about/scholarship-program/. Deadline to submit application is November 21, 2014.
EJobApplications.com is an authority resource for job applications and career information for top companies in the United States. Their goal is to offer a Scholarship to one lucky college student from any United States College/University to win $1,000 to help pay towards their loans. Student must fill out the necessary information and send in document to Gerald@ejobapplications.com before December 20, 2014 to be enrolled into the scholarship contest. For more information, please visit http://www.ejobapplications.com/annual-college-student-america-scholarship/
Belly Go Round, an online retailer of preowned maternity clothes, will be awarding 2 $500 Scholarship per year to a college student working towards a career in child development, OBGYN or labor delivery nursing or teaching. Send a short email to BellyGoRound.com with your basic contact info and why you chose the profession you are working towards for your chance to win $500 towards school. Deadline for Jan 15 award is Dec 31st of the previous year. Deadline for July 15 award is Jun 30 of the current year. Submit your email to email@example.com with the subject - Scholarship Opportunity. For more information, please visit: http://www.bellygoround.com/pages/scholarship
- The Ray Greenly Scholarship, administered by the NRF Foundation, will award over $125,000 in scholarships this year to students who have the potential to succeed in digital retail. They are looking for students with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit who can find innovative ways to connect retail customers to brands and products. Students don’t have to be in a retail program or major to apply; in fact, students pursuing majors in e-commerce, engineering, marketing or advertising, journalism, graphic design and IT are all critically important for the future of digital retail and are encouraged to submit an application. Through this Scholarship, one $25,000 scholarship will be awarded along with four $10,000 scholarships. Additionally, up to 25 semifinalists will receive a $2,500 travel scholarship to attend the Shop.org Summit, including the all-day Student Program in Seattle, September 29 – October 1, 2014. This event brings students face-to-face with retail leaders sharing valuable career advice and retail recruiters from top companies hiring for internships and entry-level positions. The deadline to apply is May 16, 2014. For more information on the eligibility, criteria and application, visit www.nrffoundation.com/ray-greenly.
ADT Protect Your Home is currently offering an educational scholarship for $500. For more information, please visit: http://homesecurity.io/scholarship. Scholarship Details:
- Interested applicants must be currently enrolled at a college/university or be enrolling in the upcoming semester
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or permanent legal resident of the U.S.
- Scholarship recipient will receive a one-time $500 scholarship that is made payable to the student’s approved college/university and mailed directly to the designated college/university
- Interested students should write a 400-600 word essay, on how mobile technology has been used in education and how it could improve education/classes for future students.
- Students must submit their name, email and essay by December 31, 2014 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- STEM Students
NSA Electrical Engineering Student Scholarship
$500 - Open to students working towards a degree in Electrical Engineering.
NSA Mathematics & Computer Science Student Scholarship
$500 - Open to students working towards a degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or related fields.
AfterCollege STEM Inclusion Scholarship
$1,000 - Open to students working towards a degree in a field of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics who belongs to an underrepresented group in their field.
AfterCollege Analytics Student Scholarship
$500 - Open to students working toward a degree in any discipline interested in a future career in analytics.
AfterCollege Engineering Student Scholarship
$500 - Open to students working towards a degree in a field of Engineering.
AfterCollege Science Student Scholarship
$500 - Open to students working towards a degree in any field of Science.
BrickHouse Security's 1st annual 10,000 Dollar scholarship program for Police Officers wounded in the line of duty. The scholarship is designed to give former or currently employed uniformed peace officers who were wounded, disabled or suffered serious injury in the line of duty a chance to improve their lives through higher education. http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/category/company+info/scholarship.do
Since 2001, the Gallagher Koster Health Careers Scholarship Program has provided outstanding students with financial assistance to pursue health-related careers. Open to higher education students entering their junior and senior year of undergraduate study, the scholarship program continues to grow in both the number of scholarships offered each year and the amount of each scholarship. Please click here for more information.
BistroMD Health and Wellness Scholarship
- Prize is $1,000 and the deadline is April 30 and December 1 (biannual scholarship with deadlines in the fall and spring)
- The scholarship is geared towards high school seniors and college students who are pursuing a college degree
- To enter, students must submit an original 500-word essay on the chosen topic
- You can learn more about the scholarship and enter here: http://www.bistromd.com/scholarship
- Sixt Rent a Car Scholarship. To learn more about our Scholarship please check out http://www.sixt.com/actions/sixt-scholars
Six scholarships in the amount of $2500 are being given away for the following majors:
Computer Science - http://blog.questia.com/apply-george-towfic-scholarship-questia/
Language or Communications - http://blog.questia.com/apply-dr-veronie-lawrence-wright-scholarship-questia/
Social Sciences - http://blog.questia.com/apply-dr-lauren-looker-scholarship-questia/
Software Engineering/Development - http://www.cengagebrain.com/blog/apply-for-the-cameron-keif-scholarship-by-cengagebrain/
Through Small Business Success Student Scholarship program, SuretyBonds.com hopes to hear all about the small business experiences young entrepreneurs across the nation have gained, whether personally or from observing family members working to make a way for themselves. Three deserving individuals will win a $1,500 scholarship to use toward furthering their education at the college or university of their choice.
Evette Harless Scholarship
National Go Solar Foundation (NGSF) established the “Evette Harless Scholarship”. This scholarship awards $1000 annually to up to ten graduate students. More information and the requirements are available in the organization's website. http://www.ngsf.org/scholarships
Hotelscheap.org is offering two ongoing scholarships per year, valued at $1,500 each. The company is interested in helping students who demonstrate a strong aptitude for learning, and have a drive to improve themselves, and society in general. Winners will be determined by the executive team each spring and fall semesters. The private company scholarship is open to all students who apply online through the company website application page, http://www.hotelscheap.org/scholarship.
Goedeker’s Scholarship. The company will be awarding a grand prize of $500 and two honorable mentions for $100. This scholarship will be offered nationwide. http://www.goedekers.com/college-scholarship The scholarship is available to all students (Undergraduate and Graduate) and available to all fields of study. We will handle everything we just want to promote it with your students.
- Autodesk Scholarships and Competitions; Deadline- Ongoing http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=17359857
- The Company Corporation’s Quarterly Business Plan Contest; Deadline- Ongoing/Quarterly https://www.incorporate.com/business_plan_contest.html
- Giva, Inc., a technology company located in Silicon Valley, is excited to offer its annual $1,000 student scholarship! Giva's corporate student scholarship and grant award is for anyone attending a college or university and is aimed at assisting undergraduate or graduate students further their education. There is no specific course of study or major required. All students, regardless of major, currently attending a college or university degree program either full or part-time are eligible and encouraged to apply. The award is for school tuition so the scholarship check will be written out to the student's educational institution. Giva employees, family relatives and vendors are not eligible. All eligible students will be required to compose a thoughtful essay between 500 – 1,000 words answering the question: “How will you use your talents and education to make the world a better place for future generations? What are your career and personal goals and why?” Award winners are required to perform some community service volunteer work. Essay submission deadline: December 1 of each year. Scholarship award date: January 31 of each year. Click here for more information and to download an application.
- LatPro.com will be awarding $2000 three times annually. Scholarships are open to all Hispanic and bilingual students. http://learn.latpro.com/scholarship/
- DiversityJobs.com will be awarding $2000 three times annually. Scholarships are open to diversity and minority students. http://streetsmart.diversityjobs.com/diversity-scholarship/