La Comunidad Latina en Acción or LaCLA Scholarship for short was established in 1993 by a group of Latin@ students at Northeastern University whose aim was to increase the retention of Latin@ students at the University. The purpose of the LaCLA Scholarship is to encourage the involvement of Latin@ students in servicing the community in the greater Boston area.
Scholarship Deadline is Thursday, February 28, 2013!
- Students must be currently enrolled and attending Northeastern University as a full-time day undergraduate, within a degree program.
- Students must submit a copy their upcoming year's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with the LaCLA application, including proof of its submission
- Students must demonstrate a history of Community Service involvement.
- Students must have a GPA of 3.3 or higher at the time of application.
- Students must be United States citizens or U.S. permanent resident.
Awards are full tuition only (minus any federal and/or state grant and loan awards). The award does not include room and board, books and other non-tuition fees. Awards are renewable annually for LaCLA scholars who maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA, satisfactorily complete a minimum of 200 hours annually of community service, attend mandatory tutor training, and attend required LaCLA meetings, events and programs.
Sara Rivera, Latino/a Student Cultural Center, 104 Forsyth Street, Boston, MA 02115, S.Rivera@neu.edu, (617)-373-7865