EMPOWER is for leaders of student of color organizations to build relationships, to explore common ground, and to create a stronger community at Northeastern throughout the year.
Part of EMPOWER is a retreat. EMPOWER is a retreat unlike any other! This year's retreat will be held on October 19-October 21, 2012. To apply to be a part of the EMPOWER Retreat, click here. Early deadline is September 12. The regular deadline is September 24.
This retreat is made possible by student leaders and the collaboration of the Asian American Center, John D. O'Bryant African-American Institute, Latino/a Student Cultural Center, Residential Life, Student Leadership, and Institutional Diversity and Equity. Funding is provided generously by the Student Activity Fee.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact someone from the planning team:
- Tracey Britton (Co-chair), Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristen Edwards, Social Justice Resource Center & Residential Life; email@example.com
- Douglas Lee, Asian American Center; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marion Mason, John D. O'Bryant African-American Institute; email@example.com
- Chris McGill, Student Leadership; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sara Rivera, Latino/a Student Cultural Center; email@example.com
- Rosa Rodriguez Williams (Co-chair), Latino/a Student Cultural Center; firstname.lastname@example.org