Northeastern University

Page Content   Main Links   Local Links   Utility Links   Footer Links

Travel Insurance

Home > Australia > Health & Safety > Travel Insurance

Travel & Property Loss/Theft Insurance 
We encourage participants to research whether they would like insurance that covers loss of money due to trip interruption or cancellation, as well as loss of baggage and personal effects either while traveling or living in residence halls.  Families should check if their current homeowner’s insurance policy provides coverage for property stolen or lost while abroad.  Families will also need to know what information (serial numbers, photos, copy of police report, etc.) is necessary to make a claim so that they may prepare prior to departure.  Some policies will have an additional “rider” that families may purchase that will extend to the student’s term abroad.  Being proactive about this research will ensure that valuable items are protected.   

Local Links

Assistive Options

Top of page

Assistive Options

Open the original version of this page.

Usablenet Assistive is a Usablenet product. Usablenet Assistive Main Page.