Reporting Crimes and Emergencies
Please report crimes, suspicious activity or other emergencies immediately to the Northeastern University Police. Well-marked safety telephones are located throughout the campus.
- Dial (617) 373-3333 or 3333 from any on-campus telephone. Calls are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week by full-time trained communications officers.
- Give your name and state where you are.
- Try to speak slowly and remain calm.
- Specify the type of emergency: police, fire, medical.
- Describe the situation as best as you can. Who? What? When? Where? How?
- Let the communications officer know if the emergency is about to happen, is happening now or has just occurred?
- Clarify whether weapons are involved.
- Give the most accurate description possible of suspect(s) or vehicle(s) involved, and any additional information that may prove useful to the police department.
- Listen carefully to what the communications officer on call says, and follow his or her directions.
- Remember that 3333 is to be used for emergency purposes only.