Faculty and Staff Crime Prevention Checklist
Keep your workplace secure:
• Lock all office doors when unattended.
• Keep valuables in locked desks, file cabinets or storage areas.
• Practice effective key management - don't leave spare keys accessible.
• Report suspicious people or bizarre behavior to NUPD immediately. What is suspicious? Trust your feelings.
• Threatening, violent or otherwise inappropriate conduct by students need not be tolerated and should be reported to NUPD and/or OSCCR.
• Report all thefts to NUPD immediately.
Call NUPD for Police/Security/Fire/Medical assistance:
• Non-emergency number (617) 373-2121
• Emergency number (617) 373-3333
• Place emergency phone number stickers on telephones and program for one-touch dialing.
Active Shooter Emergency Procedures:
• Secure your immediate area.
• Lock and/or barricade doors.
• Contact NUPD immediately if safe to do so.
• Turn off lights.
• Close blinds.
• Block windows.
• Turn off radios and computer monitors.
• Keep calm, quiet, and out of sight.
• Take cover/protection behind concrete walls, thick desks, filing cabinets.
• Set cell phones on quiet or vibrate.
• Place signs in exterior windows to alert law enforcement of your location and the location of injured people.