First Year Students
Congratulations on your acceptance into Northeastern. Now you probably want to know where you will be living on campus.
Northeastern offers a range of housing options, including theme housing and learning communities. For more information on our Living and Learning Communities visit our Living and Learning Experience page.
Use the navigation bar to the right to learn all about Northeastern University's Housing & Residential Life program.
First Year On-line Chats
- Click here to learn about our 'First Year On-line Chats' (For Fall Admission Only)
First Year Traditional Residence Halls
- Majority are double-occupancy rooms, triple-occupancy rooms also available
- Eleven coed residence halls
- One hundred to seven hundred students per hall
- Dining halls located in three convenient locations
- Commons study areas available in most residence halls
- All freshmen residence halls are smoke-free
- Limited number of single rooms may be available (usually reserved for medical reasons. You must indicate this preference on the residence hall application)
First Year Assignment Notification
- All housing/assignment related materials will be sent electronically to your myNEU HUSKYMAIL e-mail account. The first round of room assignments will be sent out in mid-June. Check regularly for updates throughout the summer.
First Year Residency Requirement Waiver Process
- The appeal process is only available to freshmen beginning in Fall 2014. By completing the First Year Residency Requirement Waiver Request, you are indicating that you wish to appeal to have the first year residency requirement waived for Fall 2014 and Spring 2015. If you fail to complete the form completely, it will be returned to you and not submitted to the Appeals Committee for review. Once the form is completed successfully it will be automatically submitted for review at the next Appeals Committee meeting.
- If your deposit is due by May 1, 2014 any residency waiver requests must be submitted by April 15, 2014.
- Fall 2014/Spring 2015 waivers will be reviewed starting January 15, 2014.
- We are no longer reviewing Residency Waivers for students who entered in the Fall of 2013.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are a newly admitted first year student to Northeastern you may submit the following Waiver.
First Year Residency Requirement Waiver
- Newly admitted incoming students: April 15, 2014
- Current first-year students: December 6, 2013